“Abolutely Fabulous”

Hotel Si Como No
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 22, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for eight days. The room had an amazing view of both the rainforest and the ocean, was clean and perfect. We stayed in the deluxe suite and enjoyed having the extra space, nicer view and roomy shower! The service of the staff was impeccable. Breakfast was delicious every morning and the staff paid detailed attention to any needs. They were very helpful in booking tours including catamaran sailing and canopy safari zip line (which we heard was more adventurous than the titi tour and it was GREAT!) also we booked a private tour through the park which we highly recommend to see the most animals. Only use the natl park guides though, we saw several independent companies who weren't giving as thorough and knowledgeable of a tour. Dining at both the Rico Tico and the Claro Que Si at the hotel was delicious and we also recommend El Avion, which was fun and delicious.

We really enjoyed our relaxing stay at Si Como No and wouldn't have stayed anywhere else. We'll be heading back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sigalferguson
There are newer reviews for Hotel Si Como No

Reviewed June 17, 2007

I have seen several bad reviews for Si Como No and I am completely baffled. We just got back from our honeymoon and can't say enough wonderful things. The price was very appropriate, the staff bent over backwards for us, and the tours were excellent. Additionally, the food was great and the views were spectacular. I say all of this knowing that my husband and I are VERY PICKY travelers. My advise to you is to please see for your self! You won't be disappointed.

Also while you are there, check out a little bar/restaurant down the street called Bamboo Jam. Great food and good entertainment on Friday nights.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WinnFamily
Reviewed May 31, 2007

I see a few negative reviews and I can't figure it out. This property is gorgeous, the rooms are lovely and the staff is attentive and friendly. I woke every morning to a breathtaking view of the Pacific. There is no place I would rather stay in Manuel Antonio than the Si Como No.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ladyjane827
Reviewed May 29, 2007

I have mixed feelings about Si Como No. We stayed there with our daughter and son in law and 3 year old grandaughter, and it was perfect for that. Our grandaughter loved the pool with the waterslide and resident iguanas, our son in law liked the swim up bar, and the rest of us were just glad we were in Costa Rica. The food was good, the location was great---we could walk to several good nearby restaurants and were close to the park (free shuttles). The fancy restaurant (Claro Que Si) was very romantic with a classical guitar player at night. The gift shop had a nice selection of upscale items, a rare event in Costa Rica. We had a deluxe room (I think they called it a suite), and it was a little run down and way overpriced. There are a lot better options if you are not taking a family, and my husband and I wouldn't go back. We knew what we were getting into, and it worked for us for this trip.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank Shooie123
Reviewed May 29, 2007

spent two nights at si com no in early may, 2007; arrived in the evening after traveling by van from monteverde. room #6 very spacious, 2 king beds, a/c, mini fridge, sink, nicely appointed bathroom (no bathtub), no tv (but didn't really care). staff was very professional and helpful (if a little diffident as compared to the staffs we had encountered in prior 3 hotels in cr); no problems getting luggage to our room. this room is not for someone with a mobility problem- down a flight of stairs, up another flight, across a bridge, up a flight, up a parking lot, down a flight to the room. view from balcony very pleasant. dining facilities were very nice, waiting staff very nice (removed, without asking, from the bill the cerviche, when i commented that it wasn't to my liking.) dinner was accompanied by vocalist/guitarist, which i thought was cheesy (but which others applauded.) food in general, as most of the food in the hotels we frequented, was ok, but nothing memorable. breakfast was buffet style- many choices including omelets to order, the fresh fruit a big hit. hotel is very convenient to manuel antonio park and has some attractions of it's own (butterfly garden, ranarium)- although i can't comment on them as i didn't visit them. grounds very lushly landscaped. no problems with the bill or room theft, as noted in other posts.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank midniterambler
Reviewed May 18, 2007

The "Si Como No hotel" is a nice hotel in a good location.

The problem is I think they believe they are a luxury hotel. A sign out front says "4 Stars". I would give it 2.5 or 3.

It's in a good location- a few miles from Manuel Antonio National Park and although it has nice views, it does not have beach access.

The restaurants are very good, but there is no room service.

The rooms are ok. Nothing luxury about them. The bedding is old and worn. The bathroom is very tired and worn as well. There are no TVs and no internet. Sure they want the room to be an escape from the world....but I always think its nice to have tv and internet options.

The service is non-existent. No one offered to help me with my bags and the front desk clerks saw me lug two suitcases down stairs to my room.

I have no problem with the hotel except I really OVER PAID for what I got. After I paid $280 for my room I really thought it was going to be really nice. This room was worth about $120.

Stayed: May 2007
8  Thank madera99
Reviewed May 9, 2007

I stayed at Hotel Si Como No during a trip with three Costa Rican university students during May of 2006. The green season had just started, so rates were lower and we had been traveling around the country for about two weeks staying at very seedy type places so we decided to indulge.

We only stayed at Si Como No for two nights, because of the price. The grounds were beautiful and the breakfasts in the morning were fantastic, but I have done other traveling in Costa Rica (with my family and with other groups of friends) and have had breakfasts that were just as good as Si Como No (though not with the variety Si Como No offered for North Americans), for much lower rates. The rooms are more upscale than many places in Costa Rica, ours was very spacious with a television, air conditioning, a very nice bathroom and amenities that I was not used to seeing in Costa Rican hotel rooms (iron and ironing board, etc.). The beds were very comfortable (we had two doubles?), and the buildings and grounds are extremely well-maintained. The pool is beautiful, as well.

The prices at the restaurant and grill are very expensive for what you get, and with the many different eatery options in Manuel Antonio, I would say that it is worth it to go look at different restaurants in different locations for several reasons (sunsets, food variety, etc.)

I was traveling with three Costa Ricans, so I didn't find any mistreatment by staff, in fact I found that the staff were very kind and helpful to us. Even the cleaning staff were very chatty!

All in all, the only problem we really had with the hotel was the price range. You do get what you pay for though!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends