Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge
Los Altos Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$340
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$180
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$381
$130
Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Breakfast included
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$96
$81
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$156
$151
  • Breakfast included
Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$486
$464
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$120
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$261
$248
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$205
Travelocity
1,684 results
All reviewsrico ticosi como nofamily pooladult poolbutterfly gardenswim up barsanta juanajungle grillvilla blancacosta ricafree shuttle to the beachnight tournight walkdeluxe roomhappy hournational parkhotel shuttle
Reviewed August 25, 2009

This was supposed to be the best resort that my family would be staying at while we visited Costa Rica and unfortunately it was a let down. Our 'Deluxe" room was hardly deluxe. Our balcony, which I had be looking forward to sitting on and relaxing on while taking in a great view had a view of a couple of trees and the roof of the resturant. We could see a limited view of the ocean if we leaned over the railing and looked past the next room's balcony. The room had a damp, musty feel to it and there were many ants crawling along the bathroom floor and across the sink. No leaving your toothbrush, hair brush, or wash cloth by the sink unless you wanted bugs crawling on them. There was a glass pane in our bathroom door, which was kind of wierd which we covered a towel. Who wants a audience in the bathroom? The photographs on the web site give the impression that this is a large resort, but it is in fact kind of small, man made paths, materials and plantings. I think the railings that look like Bamboo on the web site were made from poured cement. One building looks like Cinderella's house. The breakfast buffet was very nice, decent selection. The resort is located on a fairly busy street, not "in" a rain forest and not within walking distance of a beach. The movie theater was nice to visit in the evening especially since there is no place to walk to with kids in the evenings. Manuel Antonio Park was wonderful to visit but I would stay at a different resort in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Si Como No came highly recommended from friends and was ranked highly by travel guides. The location is excellent; it's quite close to Manuel Antonio and the hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the public beach. This is not a good hotel for those with disabilities or seniors because of all the stairs. You can get a great work out just going to and from your hotel room to the lobby. The actual room was comfortable especially given that it was accommodating 4 people. There was a one king size bed, a day bed, and a cot. The bathroom was quite spacious as well. Our terrace had an amazing view of the ocean.

The buffet breakfast was fine, but the fruit was not covered and was always covered with bugs. Otherwise the Rico Tico restaurant was quite good and had many vegetarian options. We did however have an awkward incident our last evening there with the Si Como No restaurant. We sat in the restaurant for 45 minutes and still had not received our appetizer. The desk staff only asked me to fill out a survey and didn't attempt to make up for the incident.

All of our activities were booked through the hotel. Watch out because they take your money before they confirm if there is space. The woman at the desk, Sandra, said, "It was a deposit." She only told us that after she made all the call for the itinerary. We made her refund us the money and they pressured her to find another appropriate activity. We all got aggravated over the incident.

So while the amenities are great the staff have a lot to learn.

There was free Wi-Fi in the lobby also.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Florence B
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We just returned from three days at Si Como No and I have to say I was disappointed in the hotel room. We splurged and reserved a Deluxe Suite which was definitely a misnomer. It was one room with a Queen sized bed and two pullouts added for my kids. The pictures on the website make it look like there is a small wall separating the two spaces but that was not the case in our room. My husband and I like to get suites to have some privacy and that did not happen at Si Como No. The view was amazing and we enjoyed the private balcony. We stayed in room 45 which is closer to the road but we didn't hear any noise or have any issues with our location. The room was fairly clean when we checked in and stayed completely bug free (we did have a small lizard on our ceiling one night but my son considered this a bonus:) My husband was not pleased with the housekeeping, however, since when we returned from a day at the beach our floor was still very wet. The staff was wonderful and the food at both restaurants was delicious and reasonable. I didn't see any other hotels in Manuel Antonio to compare to Si Como No but I have a feeling this is a typical hotel for the area. They don't need to splurge on the quality of the rooms because you pay for the views which are spectacular. However, I would be extremely disappointed to pay these rates and not get a great view as some other reviewers have expressed.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank lak0812
Reviewed August 2, 2009

For off season, the staff at the front desk was quite unappealing and snooty. After a four hour ride we were greeted by no one but a broken telescope witha view of the ocean. Our room was not ready at 2pm so we waited. We waited for a sub-standard room with a partial view of the water. When asked if there was another room with a "full" ocean view, we were met with a man at the front desk who pretended he didnt understand us- He made some comment that that was what they had for a "superior" room. Until I stated we were not happy and would look elsewhere, he didnt offer to change our room. However, standing firm, and noting the hotel did not appear to be full, we were eventually upgraded to a beautiful room in this eco friendly hotel with full ocean view. To me, the most eco friendly thing they did was ot cut the AC until you came into the room. We were not impressed. Our unfriendly desk person also did not tell us that we were entitled to a free breakfast so on our first day we took a walk down the road to find a place to eat as their coffee shop next door seemed high priced for what they were offering. !!!! Later we found out that we were entitled ot breafast but they did not credit us for the meal we missed.

The place was beautiful albiet quite expensive for the time of year. The food was ok but better and less expensive was found down the road. The spa was so- so and threw in no extras. While we ended up enjoying our stay, it was no thanks to the desk staff. They were mostly unhelpful when we checked in and did nothing to let us know what was availible at the place. They didnt let us know aobut their van ot the beach or that the public beach they dropped you at was a "fecal depository." They really need to upgrade their customer serivce. This place has good bones; nice rooms and OK service at the restaurants. But they really need to work on customer service at the front desk.

Nice pool. No beach. On our own, we found a hidden and pretty beach by walking a couple of miles.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We had 2 rooms, 27 and 28, and they were right near the road ( a lot of motorcycle noise and car alarms) and 2 rooms from the lobby. The view of the ocean was obstructed and no view of the rainforest. Room 27's bathroom stainglass window in the shower was near the walkway and some of the glass pieces of the artwork were clear. In addition there was a cement bench right underneath the window. It was my teen daughter and son's room so I decided to stand on the bench and see if I could see anything in their bathroom. I saw the whole bathroom clearly. Although I'm sure no one would at the hotel would do that, I didn't want to take any chances so I asked the front desk to hang a towel over the window. Someone from housekeeping came promptly and stuffed a towel in the frame and shut the window.
Hotel shuttle leaves you at the public beach. Near this beach area is a large sign in spanish. I could figure out the words "fecal material." Although we went way down the beach to stick our feet in, my husband saw a piece of feces floating, so that was the end of our beach time there. To get to the really beautiful beaches in Manuel Antonio national park we had seen on the park tour, we would have to get a taxi to the park, pay $7 each and then hike about 1/2 mile. Also to leave the park you have to walk over a water-filled gully near that large sign mentioned before by getting into a row boat there and walking the length to clear the gully. The owner of the boat expects a tip. We decided to forego all this and just stay by the nice hotel pool with a beautiful view.
Included breakfast is great, but choose a table away from the buffet or you'll be bombarded by flies. Banana bread is excellent.
Movie theater was great although a little warm.
Internet was down when I needed it so I couldn't use free hour or confirm my airline info.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family