“wow,terrific”

Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Likes: the kids pool has a water slide which is amazing!!! You can swim to the bar and get a smoothie. There is a cinema which shows movies every night. The breakfast is delicious - the best I had in Costa Rica. You can get eggs, bacon, pancakes, watermelon, papaya, pineapple, hashbrowns and juice. The beds are big and comfortable. There is a nice balcony with a view.

Dislikes: the wifi does not work in our room - you have to go to the balcony for it to work.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
D_QCostaRica, Manager at Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear hlsz:

Thank you for your review and appreciation of our hospitality. We are sorry you had a problem with the WI Fi in your room as there are days when the system does not reach the entire network within the resort. We are working with our engineer to reduce the down time and glad that you did have access on the balcony and assume in all the public areas. Please come back again and we'll be happy to do our best to avoid any further inconvenience you had with Wi Fi reception.
Regards,
Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,538)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family and I loved staying at Si Como No. Beautiful view and room with a great pool. We have 2 kids who loved the family pool and slide and wonderful complimetary breakfast. We went to the beach and Manuel Antonio Park. The staff is amazing and very friendly and helpful. We arranaged for an excursion to the rain forest, Zip Lining and tour of Santa Juana. I would highly recommend staying there.

Dear EllenS505:

We truly appreciate that you took the time to share your encouraging review of our resort and our conservation project in Santa Juana. The Combination of adrenaline within the well designed system of canopy platforms, and the nearby natural adventures surrounding the tiny mountain village of Santa Juana have become our most consistent tour when it comes to guest appreciation you conveyed. Your choice of this mountain excursion helped to generate the revenue required to conserve the valuable watershed of the region as well as provide local employment while benefiting rural culture and the flora and fauna of this tropical jungle habitat
Best regards,

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've always been wanting to go to Costa Rica and experience the nature up close, so after a little browsing here and there in these forums I decided to visit Manuel Antonio since everyone is speaking about it lately. I started looking for a good destination, it had to be near the mountains, sustainable lodging was a plus, private and close to the beach.

After reading more and more I came across Si Como No and decided to book my trip and stay there.

Upon arrival to the hotel I noticed that it was very good in regards to sustainability, I saw solar panes and what not, so that was a good sign, in the middle of the mountain/jungle so it was quite pleasant to experience nature SO close to me.

But anyways, down to business, the treat they gave me was quite nice when I got there, that's a plus because I felt at home, then they took us to our rooms and boy were they fancy, quite luxurious indeed, it's one thing to see them in pictures but a whole new different thing to see them with your own eyes. I can't even imagine how the honeymoon suite looks.

The hotel was very quiet and I loved that, I could sleep like a baby all night long, this was also because of the beds they have, I don't know if they are exclusive or hand-made but I definitely want one of those at home, they were fantastic.

I spent most of the time (while I was at the hotel) near the pool, the pool bar was amazing and the drinks and food... delicious, it was very good because there wasn't many people around there so it was quiet and relaxing, and the few people that were there became friends of mine, and we ended up hitting the National Park in one afternoon.

We could see the beach from the hotel all the time but actually being there was charming, definitely worth it.

Food at the restaurant was also quite nice, especially dinners, they give you this romantic feeling because of the lights and privacy, quite nice, even if you are there with your family you'll enjoy it very much.

Staff members were super helpful all the time, pointing us into the right direction even when we asked them things not related to the hotel itself, tours and things like that.

The pool in itself was very safe for the kids too, it has a big slide that they enjoyed very much and I didn't see them at any point in danger, so that was comforting.

The spa was wonderful too, I only went there once, my wife twice and she was delighted with how good it was, I can't say anything else but outstanding, I felt sooooo relaxed the whole time I was there.

They offer their own tours including night-walks through nature, canopy, horseback riding, some waterfall swimming and some more that I can't remember, those were the ones that my family and I tried; Night-walk was amazing and I didn't even know there were so many plants and animals in the mountains, canopy was.... thrilling, well it wasn't my thing (scared to death) but my kids seemed to enjoy it very much. Horseback riding was cool too, I've never ridden a horse in all honesty and it wasn't as complicated as I thought it'd be, so that was fun, and the waterfall swimming... well what can I say, it was amazing, I haven't seen anything similar to that before in my life. Once in a lifetime experience indeed.

So... million dollar question... Price. considering what I received during my whole stay there, my family, everything, how good it was, I'd say that the price was fantastic, not extremely cheap but I'd definitely go there again in the future without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
D_QCostaRica, Manager at Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear MarcoE:
After reading your generous review, we wanted to express our gratitude and remind ourselves of the personal rewards for sharing what we believe is our mission in hosting each and every guest. We can't always meet the expectations of everyone who crosses our lobby threshold, but fortunately many share your view as we continue to deliver the exceptional experiences that our Greentique hotels are all about; Sustainable Hospitality with Pura Vida charm.
Thank you again for your comment and we hope to have you again as our guest or at our sister hotels, Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel in route to Arenal Volcano in San Ramon, or Aguila de Osa Inn near Corcovado National Park.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked this hotel over 3 months before we got there. Since we are a couple with three small kids,We asked for two connected rooms and they were not able to give us any. The rooms they did give us were located in a terrible location and the fence separating the corridor and the rooms was unsafe. I felt like my kids could fall of the balcony.
There is no accses to the beach .
There are no tv's in the room

The breakfast was lousy.
This is definatly not a 3 star hotel not even a two star.
At 250 dollars per night it's a total ripoff.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Iratsaby
D_QCostaRica, General Manager at Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Fortunately your unique and extremely disturbing review does not begin to compare to the vast majority of positive comments from Trip Advisor. That also is reflected by the majority of our Guest Surveys that honestly puts your comments in a unique category of a tiny fraction difficult for us to comprehend and respond. I cannot, in good conscious, offer an apology that provides any rational reply since we cannot begin to find any logic or merit to your unique review. So regretfully this is our own unique response by management, especially considering all the sincere efforts we made to find adjoining rooms that were never formally requested during a week with full occupancy.
Respectfully,

Jim Damalas

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at Si Como No in Manuel Antonio, Our Room was large with an incredible view, peaceful and quite, the bathroom was enormous, the Lobby was wide open to the view of the Ocean, landscape was beautiful lush, the restaurant on property so very tasty, we had a perfect stay, Loved every minute of the trip and the Hotel.. the Pools were both perfect for relaxation and a bit of sun, with a cold drink at the swim up to bar I would go back in a second

Room Tip: All the rooms have different locations and offer different things, it depends on what you want Lov...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Toby H:

Although we can't be everything to every customer, when we read the kind of reviews that you so kindly shared here, it's gratifying to know we never get tired of reading them nor take any comment, guest survey or Trip Advisor review for granted. All of them are equally important because every guest who decides to share part of their holiday with us is an opportunity to deliver our brand of exceptional Costa Rica experiences. Although we always welcome constructive criticism, and sometimes it can be a bit extreme form the vast majority of customer feedback, its good to know we usually meet or exceed customer expectations that you so graciously reviewed.

Hope you come back again and perhaps include a package with our sister Greentique Hotels here in beautiful Costa Rica where we believe the magic of nature is equaled by the good nature of Ticos ready to host you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spacious and clean accommodations, with bonus of being able to have connecting rooms. Beautiful views from room balconies and entire resort above the rainforest. There was a free hourly shuttle to the beach, but we did the long hilly walk which was good exercise to offset the 2-for-1 happy hour drinks. Jazmin at the adult pool's swim-up bar was very attentive and great about letting us run a tab. Wireless internet only available in lobby and by the family pool. It would have been perfect to be able to access it by the adult pool too, but it all worked out. Restaurant on the property (Rico Tico) that we used for daily breakfasts and one dinner needs better cross ventilation and airflow, but food was good and service was without issue. We didn't use the spa, but my kids did go a showing at the evening movie theatre. Good stay overall!

Room Tip: We stayed in Rooms 5&6 which were slightly away from the pool/restaurant but not too far that th...

Dear ABCWorldVacations:
Reading your gracious review I wanted to just say Pura Vida. You experienced what we believe our resort and mission is all about. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our staff, and the appreciation of our restaurant menus and the movie theater that the kids enjoyed. Sorry about the issues with Wi Fi that are subject to issues with the size and design of the resort that we are improving each day. Meanwhile we are glad you had access in the public areas and next time you should come visit us again, the Spa gift certificate is in order.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My sister and I really loved Si Como No. It is a lovely hotel just a short walk, bus ride or hotel transportation from Manuel Antonio park. The property is lovely and the staff is very willing to help make your stay fantastic. We enjoyed Si Como No, from making excursion plans (night tour of the rain forest, and the jungle cruise through the mangroves), to spa treatments, or just a friendly chat. Additionally, the staff at the morning breakfast buffet went above and beyond to make us happy (making egg white omelets, and other dietary needs), while the staff at pool made sure we always had a menu for snacks and a delicious guaro sour (2 oz guaro, 2 oz simple syrup or 2 teaspoons raw sugar, lime, cut into 6 or 8 wedges, ice cubes, as needed, splash of club soda) in hand. We had a fun-filled, as well as, relaxing time. Si Como No is the epitome of Pura Vida.

Room Tip: We traveled September 2006
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Solchica1960:

Glad you took the time to give us such an encouraging review. Your appreciation of our friendly staff, as well as our spa treatments and breakfast buffet are all part of our commitment to delivering the value and "pura vida" vibe that we've been hosting since we officially opened our doors back in 1993. i hope you well consider returning again and including our sister Greentique Hotels in San Ramon, at Villa Blanca Cloud forest Hotel, and in the Osa Peninsula, Aguila de Osa Inn.

Regards,