See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We stayed at this hotel because we were running out of money and they had decent rates. It seems like at some point it was a nice hotel, but today it is not near the 4stars that it is rated under. Rooms should be renovated...but they are in decent shape, the bathrooms are okay...but could use some serious re-modeling. Outside of the rooms the place is really nice...it's like a mediterranean villa. It's very close to Manuel Antonio and the staff was very helpful!!

Date of stay: June 2009
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Wildlife has its own agenda but in our first three days at this hotel three varieties of monkeys swung through the trees. Every day we saw a sloth and once even a mother and infant. There were resident birds and the unexpected- such as a toucan visit. All easy viewing from our balcony. There were at least 8 varieties of palms in my view- yes I counted them- surrounding the pool. The architecture and landscaping did indeed give a mediterranean image and was very pleasant to the eye- yet the forest was just over the wall. The spacing of the buildings , ours with only an upper and lower room, gives one personal space. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we too enjoyed the towel art. Within walking distance was a wildlife refuge with the most incredible day tour. We went for adventure, nature and romance- found it all.

Date of stay: April 2009
1  Thank JerryGibons
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I went to this hotel with a spanish group from my school. It was our last hotel and I believe it was the best. My room was a floor in a small two floor building which remained quite cool even without the air condtioning. The room had beds, a kitchen, a bathroom, everything a room would have. It had cable tv which i didn't realize until right before i left but i didn't need it. (a previous guest changed the tv settings).
The hotel consists of many of these white buildings which reminds me of the Mediterranean. They are all connected with walkways with the lobby through the plantlife. The only real negative is the distance and the maze like quality of these walkways. It was a little annoying to walk to my room. The pools are nice and clean and perfect to cool off in. There are also interesting sculptures along the walkways.
It is located near the Manuel Antonio Park which contains a lot of wildlife which means there were many lizards and birds in the hotel. This even includes a stray cat which i made the mistake of feeding. :)
I read the other reviews and for the two days I stayed there, there was no loud music of any sort. There are two restaurants nearby and short distance from the beach and Manuel Antonio Park. Although, there is no beach view.
Overall, this was my favorite hotel I had stayed in when i was in Costa Rica. This is clearly a perfect hotel if you aren't one of those people who demand that every hotel be luxurious. If you go to Costa Rica for the normal reasons, which is to see the wildlife, then this is the hotel.

Date of stay: June 2007
1  Thank R0bB0b
Reviewed June 3, 2009

A little bit of an older resort with a dated room.

The toilet never worked the entire time we were there (3 nights) and wasn't really worth the money, even with the free night promotion.

Would not stay again.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
juankala0072006, Manager at Hotel Casitas Eclipse, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2009

We are sorry to discover that you have a bad experience in our Hotel. We always asked our guests to notify immediately any problem that may occur, before the Check out. We don’t have any report about this inconvenience.

Our pictures are real and most of our comments are good. Our Hotel is a Mediterranean style, so that is why it doesn’t look fancy. Mediterranean style is conservative and not dated.

Reviewed June 1, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for three nights and found the staff to be so friendly (especially in the restaurant). The view from the bar across the way was incredible. The pool was very enjoyable, and the forest in back of the hotel was also an amazing view.

Date of stay: May 2009