See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for three nights and found the staff to be so friendly (especially in the restaurant). The view from the bar across the way was incredible. The pool was very enjoyable, and the forest in back of the hotel was also an amazing view.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank anniehotfeet
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with a group of 14 people ages ranging from 7 to 72. Very different kind of hotel. If you are looking for a 4 or even 5 star hotel this is not the place for you. I liked the architecture of the hotel. It looked like you were staying in a villa . The rooms where all in different levels and you had to do a lot of going up/down to reach the different parts of the hotel. There were 3 pools in the hotel. We used the one right at the bottom and the one next to the restaurant at the top. The look up from the bottom pool was pretty good. We did see some wildlife - iguanas were the highlight - we did see some monkeys just outside the hotel though not in the hotel premise.

The rooms were very comfortable but nothing spectacular. The bathroom fittings were quite rustic and did not always work in the most optimum manner - functional at the best. The room had an AC which was a must as the place was really hot. The room also had a safe so you could keep your valuables there. Maid service was daily and they kept your room clean everyday. Each room had a balcony and the room I stayed in had a swing as well. There is no internet access in this hotel.

The front desk folks were very friendly. We did not use any of their services for planning trips as I had done this before coming there. The restaurant was pretty good. We had breakfast everyday there ( included in the price of room). The chef cooked up a good special dinner for us one night as most of my group were vegetarians and our choices were limited. The food was very good.

The hotel is located in the main road leading to the manual Antonio park. IT will probably take you a good 20-30 min to walk to the entrance. Lot of hotels and bars line the road. THere was a bar (noisy) in this restaurant - I did not visit it. They played loud music till pretty late in the nite. Even though I stayed right under the bar the music did not bother me as the AC was quite loud and also that the rooms had concrete walls which did not permeate the sound.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank alladi
Reviewed March 18, 2009

This is a beautiful hotel. Gardens are lush and well cared for.
Rooms are large - at least in the little house I stayed in.
Good air conditioning even though it's a bit noisy.
Pool is absolute perfection (actually there are 3). Just beautiful and warm water.
Loved it and couldn't stay out of it!
Loved seeing an occasional lizard and tons of colorful birds.
Easy bus ride to beaches and the park right outside of hotel.
Saw lots of squirrel monkeys while waiting at the bus stop at a nearby beach.
Saw more there than I did in the park!

Breakfast wasn't fabulous but good enough. Gorgeous setting and views though.
Good service.

Only drawback was no internet access but there is an internet cafe very close by.

There are lots of steps so if that is a problem for you ask for a room located
at the top of the hill not far from the lobby.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara777
Reviewed February 23, 2009

my husband and i stayed here for a couple nights during our honeymoon. at first glance the hotel looks nice. the design of it from the outside looks unique. on the way to our room we were greeted by an iguana. we even had towel art ready for us when we entered our room. so far so good. the room itself is drab, plain, and depressing. in the morning we realized that there were a ton of ants just outside our door and some of them were inside the room. it also rained a lot during our stay there. the drainage system in the walkways in the hotel are not great. there were little puddles of water on the walkways which become very slippery when wet. i almost slipped a couple of times on our way out. at night we asked the receptionist of areas we could walk around. she told us not to walk left from the hotel because it was not lit at all--completely dark. towards the right there were some restaurants but not much else. there isn't much to do at night in that area (my husband and i are not into the nightlife scene). if i wasn't there with my husband and enjoying his company, i would have been very depressed in the hotel. what i could recommend going is sleeping early (because it gets dark really early in costa rica) and waking up early to take advantage of the numerous things to do during the day (hitting the beach, taking walking tours of the national park, jet skiing, snorkeling, etc). the beach and park area are a 20-30 min walk (depending on how fast you walk). if you walk, be prepared to walk uphill!

the staff there is decent. our rooms were cleaned daily and the front office receptionist helped out book a bunch of activities which were great. we got picked up in front of the hotel for each of those.

fyi: there a restaurant near the hotel (i think it was called blue (azul) water or something like that) that had the best nachos i have ever had.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank glonan
juankala0072006, Manager at Hotel Casitas Eclipse, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2009

Our Hotel is Mediterranean style, is unique in the area, we are not 5 stars. We are little casitas that works friendly with the nature.

We share a common border with the Manuel Antonio National Park, thus the abundant wildlife you saw, including the ants, slots, iguanas, monkeys, frogs and other animals around the property, they are all part of the ecosystem that we are surrounded, so is very difficult to ignore them, more in our case that we work preserving the nature and not killing it.

Any costumer, who decides to come and stay with us, will live a very “green” experience and not a big and fancy resort stay.

We have taken into consideration your comment regarding water puddles and drainage to avoid accidents. Thank you very much, we will try to improve that area, for safety is a mayor priority for Casitas Eclipse.

In concern of the night live, there are plenty of places to go, of course there are not all located close to us, but not to far. We can find bars and restaurants in front of the beach, in the middle of Manuel Antonio town or even going to Quepos (7km) where there is more places to see and to have a nice evening. It’s all matter to asked in our front desk or to have a web search.

Reviewed January 22, 2009

I thought this was a nice place. It was quite a walk to my room though. But now I appreciate that, considering many people here complaining about the loud gay bar. My room was way back by the jungle. The grounds are nice. There were iguanas and lizards everywhere, some of the biggest and bluest I've seen. The room was decent and clean. The breakfast was just ok. Nice view of the jungle, but none of the ocean.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo