Hotel Casitas Eclipse
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Roca(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge(Manuel Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Byblos Resort & Casino(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Hotel Costa Verde(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Hotel Villas El Parque(Manuel Antonio)
Hotel Mandarina(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Divisamar Hotel & Casino(Manuel Antonio)
Hotel Arboleda(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I read so many bad reviews of this hotel, I was seriously considering sleeping on our tour bus rather than here. This turned out to be our favorite hotel in our 13 day tour of Costa Rica! The grounds were beautiful, the bed surprisingly comfortable, the A/C kicked some butt. One morning we had a family of toucans outside our room, and the next morning we had a troop of squirrel monkeys! Now, I'm not saying it can't use some updating. But honestly it was so much better than we expected that I was thrilled. I loved it that our room was more like a suite or an apartment. We had a huge table outside so we could sit and watch the wildlife. We didn't swim because we were honestly too tired from other activities. We walked across the road and had a great ocean view. This really isn't anything fancy, but it was very homey. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Erin B
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My initial reaction was, "This is a beautiful site!" However, after closer examination I was wrong. I think my biggest problem was the bugs everywhere. There were dead beetles, bees, and mosquitoes around the room and it was a major turn-off. I know this is a humid area, but I am not sure the staff did a thorough job cleaning the dead bugs on the windows and room corners.

Another huge issue was the shower. The shower head was damaged and the water sprayed everywhere. It was not a good functional shower head, but I told myself that I was only staying 2 nights so I would deal with it. Also, they did not have any shower curtains/sliding doors so the water sprayed to the floors. The toilet would only flush if you hold it for longer than 5 secs. Another issue was the tv, because the reception was poor quality.

I did enjoy the refrigerator and the breakfast food at Gato Negro was delicious. I thought the bed was a bit worn out and lumpy, but I did have a good sleep either way. The candles were a nice touch. I also liked the terrace and the table and chairs to sit outside. The pool looked great as well, but I didn't get a chance to go in. The staff were really nice and helpful with directions. The bus to Quepos is right outside and there are many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lori B
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The best things about this hotel: beautiful grounds - lots of cared for gardens; "chico" the dog that would come visit our room; El Avion across the street; huge frog that came to "visit"; tiny geckos everywhere.
The outside of the room was nice in that we had our own veranda to sit on.
The inside of the room was just ok - average clean/comfort. We did have to ask a couple of times for clean towels. Staff were ok to deal with. Our room was tucked away in the back of the hotel grounds - it did make us a little nervous to leave valuables in the room - lock on the door would be easy to break into.
Manuel Antonio park is a short drive from this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ramona106
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Just returned from a Gate 1 tour of Costa Rica. I had read the reviews of the Casitas Eclipse and figured forewarned is forearmed. What a pleasant surprise to find an adorable hotel with great little villas all stacked on a hillside bordering on the national park. There were so many birds, monkeys, lizards and toads it felt as if we were right in the jungle. The landscaping was beautifully maintained, and the villas very clean, if simple. Yes, lots of stairs going in all different directions, which in my opinion added to the charm. If I were to return to Costa Rica and Manuel Antonio, I would surely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room 202 was at the top, next to the road. We were not bothered by traffic noise and had a view of the ocean through the trees. However, room 203 was lower and our friends said very very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank holl314
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was nice, as it had apartment style rooms. There was a kitchen, living room, bedroom and bath. It was right on the bus route to the city or the National Park. There were steps to everywhere. The pools were not very clear, but I'm not sure how you would keep them that way. They seemed to do the best they could.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple