“Fantastic Food - and so different to everything else here!”
Review of Ngo - CLOSED

Ngo
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Asian Take out and Delivery
Reviewed September 16, 2012

If you want something different to the norm here in Manuel Antonio, then pop over to Restaurant Ngo. The owners, Susan and Khang (pronounced 'Kong') will welcome you like an old friend.

The food varies from the healthy (just ask for the spring rolls) to the sublimely naughty (I kept ordering the Sweet & Spicy Chicken, I couldn't help myself!). Everything is truly delicious.

The dumpling are to die for and if you're ever around at lunch time you have to try the Vietnamese Sandwich – made with some kind of super duper pulled pork that you have to taste to understand.

On top of all this - if yummy food is not enough to entice you - this is the place to be if you want to know what's going on in this little town. There are so many people passing through this gem of a restaurant, Khang and Susan know all.

So if you're looking for something to do, somewhere to stay or just wondering where the hell is everybody?? - They are the people to ask!

Cheers to you guys for all the delicious food you made for us while we were in Manuel Antonio. We wish you the very best and hope we can come back to see you next year …… and the year after that!

Amy & Aidan.

Susanheatherj, Owner at Ngo, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

We do make all efforts to know what is going around town, things to do, and see for our customers! We also enjoy the fact that we can take the time to talk to our customers. We are not a big place, and it was chosen so that we can meet everyone that comes through. Khang and I have meet so many amazing people from all over the world that it's more than our business, it's where our friends come over for lunch and dinner. We truly love what we do and it's because we get to meet people like you. Its more than a pleasure to serve you, and all the of the people that come to our restaurant. Thank you for allowing us to do what we love to do!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Thanks Susan and Kong for 2 great meals while visiting Manuel Antonio. We loved the Gyoza (our kids did too), orange chicken, sweet and spicy chicken, noodles and aguacate boba shake. These 2 really know what they are doing. A great little place with high quality food, something I normally wouldn't expect to find in a tourist town. We loved it so much we ate there 2 nights in a row. So funny, we saw 6 other people coming back from the night before as well. Ground hog day at Ngo. Susan and Kong are great, they make you feel right at home, like you are guests in their personal kitchen. They deliver too! Thanks for offering great Asian food. We haven't had any for 2 months.

I think it all of our history, we will not be able to say it's ground hog day again at Restaurante Ngo. I am so happy your son loved our dumplings, and I will let you know if we ever do decide to have a dumpling eating contest! I am glad we were able to give you a smoothie fix with our boba tea and offer you new flavors. It was a pleasure meeting your family and hope you come to visit us again!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We came here to get something different, other than Costa Rican food, and it was surprisingly food. The owner was very nice and guided use to many activities to do.

Thank you, and we are always happy to see a fellow Floridian! Thank you for trying us out and it was a pleasure meeting you guys.

Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

You might look at their menu and think that it is a bad thing that there are only 10 or so options to chose, but in this case it is for the better. The owners have made the right decision to follow the "less is more" approach and have concentrated their efforts on making a handle of items taste exceptional and affordable. The kitchen is open and has a modern zen feel to it and they are truly hospitable. Nothing you order will disappoint. Enjoy!

Thank you Matthew! While we do plan on eventually adding a few things, the idea is just to keep it simple. We are glad you came by, and once again, I am sorry you weren't able to try the other things on the menu :)

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The best food my girlfriend and I have had in Costa Rica all week.Dumplings were my favorite and lo mien noodles were great. I wish we had found NGO sooner. Owners also gave great advice about activities around MA.

I am so happy you loved our dumplings so much! We do them from scratch so a lot of time and love goes into making them, and they have been a big hit. Although we only got to see you at the end of your stay, I am glad you came by and tried us out, thank you.