“Highlight of our Costa Rica trip!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vacation Buggy Tours

Vacation Buggy Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Vacation Buggy provides "Only Private Excursions" for families and groups to tour our local area or an exciting adventure to a very remote area of the Rainforest...These Private Excursions are only for you, your family, or group, and we travel in our Extremely Cool, Vacation Buggy custom Jeep Limousines. We offer two very popular excursions - Our Welcoming "get to know the area" excursion, allows you to quickly get acclimated to our towns of Manuel Antonio and Quepos areas as we show you all of the great restaurants, night life, beach's, ATM"s, etc... or experience some of Costa Ricas most remote locations with our extremely popular Jungle/Waterfall excursion - which is one of the only ways to go deep into the True Rainforest. This excursion allows you to see the real side of Costa Rica as we journey through the palm plantation, quaint towns and villages on our way to the top of the Rainforest.. Get acquainted with the local area, explore the incredible jungle or request our unique "Vacation Wedding Buggy" for that special day! Vacation Buggy can accommodate up to 7 guests with one Jeep and 14 with two Jeeps, and is safe, secure and accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
Red Bank, New Jersey
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Costa Rica trip!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and daughter and I booked this tour during our first Costa Rica trip that we have just returned from. I had seen all the positive reviews before my trip but never got around to inquiring about a reservation. We met a couple from California in San Jose when we arrived in the country, they were just at Manuel Antonio and tried to book this tour on the two days they were there but it was fully booked. They had heard such great things about this trip and even though they did'nt get to do it they convinced me to email Vacation Buggy that night. Don (the owner) emailed me right back and we quickly set up the booking. I am so gratefull to this family for convincing me to do this since taking this tour with my family was hands down the best thing we did while in this beautiful country. Don is such an interesting,knowledgable tour guide that makes you feel comfortable during the entire trip. His custom buggy is amazingly competent and smooth riding, I would definitely do this tour again! We just got back yesterday and I have already told the story of this tour at least 10 times, call Don early as he books up well in advance. Thanks again!

1 Thank Mudweiser
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Mudweiser,

Thank you for your kind review and love the picture of your Buggy - quite a bit different than ours! Glad that we were able to contribute to great memories of your Costa Rica Vacation and hope our paths cross again down the road.

Much appreciated, Don

San Clemente, California
“»v a l l e d e l a s c a s c a d a s«”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

If your looking for a chance to leave the city and get away from typical tourist activities of Costa Rica, vacation buggy is perfect. This tour was truly amazing! While on your way to the rainforest and valley of the waterfalls you are shown the more remote side of Costa Rican living. Don is full of information about the towns you pass through as well as the plants and animals found Costa Rica. The views from this tour are spectacular. Vacation Buggy was an incredible experience, that turned out to be the best part of my trip! I highly recommend it to everyone planning of staying in or near Manuel Antonio.

Marlye B,
I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with you guys during the week with our Jungle/Waterfall tour and our Buggy excursion to Koky's special restaurant. You guys were a blast and I look forward to your next visit.

All the best, Don
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This past June, we visited Costa Rica with our friends and had a great time on the Vacation Buggy tour with Don and Luis. The day before we left, our friend's daughter went to the beach to gather sand in a coke bottle as a reminder of that great time she had in Costa Rica. In attempt to help her, I broke the bottle and ruined her special souvenir. I contacted Don, from Vacation Buggy after we got back to the states and came to our rescue. Don said, "I have had many requests in the past but this one is unique!!! By all means, I can help you redeem yourself and ship a coke bottle full of sand. Please let me know your address and we will try to handle it this coming week. It will probably take a few weeks to get to you but I'm sure you will be a hero..." He surely went out his way to help us out and really show how much he cares for his customers even after we left. Both Don and Luis made our vacation special and enjoyable. Now, our friend's daughter will be able to save the memories thanks to Don and Vacation Buggy.

Visited June 2013
Quann1, thank you for the generous comments and it is the little things in life that really matter - glad that I was able to put a happy face on your friends daughter.
Much appreciated, Don
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Vacation Buggy tour was the highlight of our trip to Costa Rica. Hands down, no questions....BEST EVER! You get to see more of the beautiful country and with a fun, charismatic, and extremely knowledgable tour guide, Don. The buggy is well equipped for the adventure into the jungle. It's so fun learning all the facts and tidbits about Costa Rica and all it's wonderful wildlife from Don. This tour leaves you with a huge smile on your face! My family and I will be talking about our memories forever!
PURA VIDA!!!!!

1 Thank caits100
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Caitlin,
We had the best time with you, Tom, Lisa and the entire family - you guys were awesome. Getting to know you over the week gave me extreme confidence that you will succeed in whatever you do -or wherever you end up - which I bet will be somewhere outside of the U.S. Loved hanging out and always know that if you want to move to Costa Rica, we will gladly help with everything..

Please keep in touch...

Don
San Clemente, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgettable adventure of a life time!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Vacation buggy tour was the most amazing tour I have ever been on. This is not your average touristy tour. This is your own personal rain forest adventure. No crowds! Literally! Just you, the magnificent jungle and all it has to offer, plus you do not have to share it with anyone else. Our tour guide "Don" was extremely knowledgeable about the culture, vegetation and wildlife you will experience on the tour. The waterfalls were majestic in every way, shape and form. This is one tour you do not want to miss out on! AWESOME!!!!

1 Thank SCLisa
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
SC Lisa, Thank you for taking to time to provide feedback on your excursion. You guys made it a day to remember for me as well! Loved hanging out with you guys and hope that we do it again down the road - either here or back in San Clemente,

Muchas Gracias, Don