“Awesome waterfall experience for the whole family!”

Vacation Buggy Tours
Ranked #12 of 66 Tours in Manuel Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Vacation Buggy provides "Only Private Excursions" for families and groups to tour our local area or an exciting adventure to a very remote area of the Rainforest...These Private Excursions are only for you, your family, or group, and we travel in our Extremely Cool, Vacation Buggy custom Jeep Limousines. We offer two very popular excursions - Our Welcoming "get to know the area" excursion, allows you to quickly get acclimated to our towns of Manuel Antonio and Quepos areas as we show you all of the great restaurants, night life, beach's, ATM"s, etc... or experience some of Costa Ricas most remote locations with our extremely popular Jungle/Waterfall excursion - which is one of the only ways to go deep into the True Rainforest. This excursion allows you to see the real side of Costa Rica as we journey through the palm plantation, quaint towns and villages on our way to the top of the Rainforest.. Get acquainted with the local area, explore the incredible jungle or request our unique "Vacation Wedding Buggy" for that special day! Vacation Buggy can accommodate up to 7 guests with one Jeep and 14 with two Jeeps, and is safe, secure and accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We just returned from this trip yesterday and our entire family (2 adults and 2 children, age 9 and 13) loved it. Don was an awesome guide - very informative and easy to talk to. He took us up into the rainforest in Manuel Antonio in a vacation buggy (which my son loved!) The highlight is truly the waterfall at the top of the mountain. The setting was stunning and swimming in the waterfall was truly refreshing on such a warm day. Part of our family then ventured onto the suspension bridge for an even more spectacular view (those who were unsure didn't have to make the trip across). On the way back down, we stopped and had lunch prepared at a small local restaurant - wonderful meal. Don then spent extra time at the end of the tour pointing out parts of Manuel Antonio for us to see.

I would certainly recommend this this tour to anyone visiting the area. You are really off the beaten path - not seeing lots of other tours as you are on the way so it is truly unique!

100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Wisonsin Badger,

We really appreciate your detailed review of our Jungle/Waterfall tour and truly enjoyed touring your family. I know now, you son, Demir, wants you to buy a similar Buggy but recommend that it will be cheaper for you to come back to Manuel Antonio for another Buggy adventure.

I hope you have a great rest of your stay and please, let me know if I can assist with anything during your remaining stay.

Much appreciated,

"short hike"
in 9 reviews
"perfect tour"

Reviewed March 23, 2013

You cannot go wrong with this adventurous day on the waterfall/jungle tour: suspension bridge, waterfalls, lush jungle, friendly Ticos, delicious lunch, palm plantation, hiking, swimming, local lore and information. I went with 4 close friends who were all ready for a day off the beach. We all had a great time and would recommend this tour to anyone ready for a laughter filled, fun and educational adventure.

100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thanks for detailing your experience on our exciting Jungle/Waterfall tour as it is greatly appreciated. Glad that we were able to make your vacation very memorable...

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

After reading many rave reviews about this tour on TA, I have to say I was expecting a lot, and I was NOT disappointed!!! I had been a little bit hesitant because of a recent injury about the hiking portion and a little hesitant of the suspension bridge because of a (somewhat) fear of heights. Much to my relief, I could do it all and it was so much fun! My husband and I, along with our two adult children, had a great time with Don, loved his comfortable "buggy" and so enjoyed learning about the area and seeing the small towns on the way to the rain forest. There cannot be a better way to see this part of Costa Rica! Enjoyed swimming, visiting the waterfalls and the special lunch on the way back, truly reflective of Costan Rican culture. Thank you, Don, for a marvelous day!!!

100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Great title of you experience as you guys were an "Unforgettable" group. I thoroughly enjoyed touring your family and spending the day at our beautiful, little piece of paradise - at the waterfalls...

Thank you for touring with us and taking the time to detail your review!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We are an adventurous family, always looking for something new and exciting. We visit CR often, always looking for adventure to make new memories. We booked Vacation Buggy after reading reviews on TA and were more than pleasantly surprised with how great it was. My husband and I were travelling with our 2 teenage daughters and their 2 friends. Although we wanted adventure, safety was a huge concern as we were travelling with children other than our own! Don met us promptly at the agreed-to time, and was more than friendly and made us all feel comfortable right away. We loved how friendly he was and willing to share his knowledge with us. We headed high into the rain forest for an exciting day of waterfalls, swimming, bridge walking (!!!), exploring and learning, topped off with a great lunch at a great little local restaurant where we were greeted by friendly staff serving delicious local delicacies. The BEST part about the day was we never, ever felt rushed and made to feel like we were on tight timelines. We were having so much fun and Don made us feel like we had all the time in the world to enjoy ourselves. Our teenage girls loved to see the villages and how the villagers lived, and were very impressed with the friendly waves and smiles we received from everyone we passed along the way. This tour was worth EVERY PENNY we paid. I would do it again in a heartbeat and I hope to return. Thanks Don and Vacation Buggy for an experience we will never forget. Sean, Kim, Laura, Megan, Sam and Elliott. Oakville, Ontario, Canada

1  Thank Oakvillefamilyoffour
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

What a fantastic overall review - Thank you! I thoroughly enjoyed your family and the kids friends, and very pleased that you shared your experience on Trip Advisor as it not only helps our business but future guests as well. Glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and hope to see you next year....

All the best, Don