“Manuel Antonio National Park (MANP) Guided Hike”

Johan Chaves - Guided Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: I am Johan Chaves, a local naturalist guide who has lived in the region since my childhood. With the passion, enthusiasm and the experience gained at the field during this 8 years in my profession, I am always willing to give each customer a lifetime experience through my office; the rain forest. I offer individualized tour services that can be customized ranging from a fun family vacation to a serious nature trek thru the stunning scenery of the Manuel Antonio park.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We joined a small group for a guided hike in MANP with Johan Chaves and had a thoroughly enjoyable morning. Johan has extensive knowledge of the local flora and fauna having grown up in the area. He was also well equipped carrying a scope which enabled us to see animals even when they were far away or high up in the trees. Johan also took amazing photos for us using our cameras with the scope. Johan is a very amiable guide and looks after his clients very well, pointing out any hazards along the way. We also got to see a number of the MANP beaches, which are well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you plan a tour of Manuel Antonio National Park be sure to book Johan Chavez as your guide. He is polite, knowledgeable and passionate about the wildlife in the park and it is a joy to spend time with him as he shares his vast knowledge of the creatures he points out to you along the trails. Thanks for a great tour Johan, one on the highlights of our recent trip to Costa Rica.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Johan's knowledge of the animals and trees and plants in the park is incredible. He came very well prepared and had all kinds of additional information to show us on his computer whenever he pointed out animals. He also got great photos with his scope. We got to see sloths, howler monkeys as well as diferent types of frogs and lizards. Had we gone though the park on our own, we would not have seen a fraction of the things he pointed out to us. He obviously enjoys his work and it was a pleasure to have him as our guide. Thank you Johan for making our tour such an enjoyable one.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Johan came highly recommended and I know why. He is very knowledgable and unlike other guides that Ive dealt with actually spends time on his own to furthur his knowledge. He arranged all the transportation and entrance fees. Toward the end of the tour he even paid a guy to boat across a creek for our comfort. I saw other guides make there group walk through it. He had a scope and was able you zoom in on wildlife that was far away. Also would tell us all about all the different species and their contribution to the eco system. Also one of the coolest things was we walked up on a small area where a bird was. The bird was scared and flew back into cover. Then Johan pulled out his phone and told us that birds are territorial and will play a call from a bird and the bird in hidding will come out to make it known that this area was his. It worked I couldnt believe it. Anyways, Johan is very proud of his country and his job. I highly recommend him.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our guided tour began before we even entered the park, with Johan setting up his spotting scope outside the gates to show us a green iguana high in the canopy, a black iguana on the ground, and a troop of squirrel monkeys (Including a mother with tiny baby on her back) in another cluster of trees. Not only can Johan spot the big obvious creatures that all the other guides find, but he also has a sixth sense of some sort that enables him to locate lots of other unusual creatures that no other guide sees and then line them up on the scope for the best possible photo, pull out a guide book or tablet computer to show scientific photos or other views or related species, and discuss how this creature might have evolved differently from its counterpart on the Caribbean side of the country. He is so knowledgable and so passionate about what he does, it's a joy to spend time with him. I have worked in the travel industry in the past, and Johan ranks up there among the best guides I have traveled with anywhere in the world. Thank you, Johan, for a great day!