“Amazing nature , bird expert” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Johan Chaves - Guided Day Tours

Johan Chaves - Guided Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: I am Johan Chaves, a local naturalist guide who has lived in the region since my childhood. With the passion, enthusiasm and the experience gained at the field during this 8 years in my profession, I am always willing to give each customer a lifetime experience through my office; the rain forest. I offer individualized tour services that can be customized ranging from a fun family vacation to a serious nature trek thru the stunning scenery of the Manuel Antonio park.
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing nature , bird expert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I wanted to hire a local bird/nature guide during my stay in Quepos, Costa Rica and felt so lucky, I hit the jackpot with Johan! His knowledge of Costa Rica's natural world is amazing. Johan is an accomplished birder, cultural guide and possesses an insatiable scientific mind. I did 2 full days of birding with Johan, that included Carara NP, Playa del Rey, Tarcoles and he was very professional, persistent, with great expertise in locating specific species. What better way to see & hear of Costa Rica than with someone who lives there and delights in sharing all he knows. I have been on professional nature tours, including VENT and Johan exceeded their standards! Johan really made my trip to Costa Rica & Quepos very worthwhile. He is the perfect nature & cultural ambassador and a very pleasant & easy guy to spend the day with, the time flew by...I learned so much !!

Visited September 2012

• Hebrew first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super friendly, knowledgable, informative guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Johan is a great guide and a fantastic person. His live for his country and the birds and animals shines through. He was informative about everything we saw and was fantastic at finding small insects to larger animals. It was a great day!! Highly recommended.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent tour guide who really loves birds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I spent some time in Manuel Antonio last week and we had such an amazing experience. We spent one entire day with Johan. He is very flexible in terms of scheduling a trip with him.

On our morning tour he not only spotted a variety of animals which we could never have seen by ourselves and took awesome pictures for us through his digital scope, he's also very knowledgable in explaining the habitats of different species and helped us appreciate what the nature there offers. What impressed us most is he's such a genuine person, always able to predict what we need without us asking and strived to maximize our experience.

We had a very nice lunch together at a beach-side restaurant Johan recommended before setting out for the afternoon tour. Due to weather, he's flexible enough to change plan on the spot and led us to more places to see water birds and other exotic species.

According to a list he sent to us after the tour, we saw altogether 54 kinds of birds in that afternoon! It was our first birding tour ever and so memorable!

Johan is one of those people who can always stretch himself to excel your expectation and he takes pride and joy in what he does. We will definitely recommend him to our family members and friends who would like to visit beautiful Costa Rica!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Michelle Y
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our family did a private tour with Johan at Manuel Antonio in June. When planning our vacation, I had read that it was worth it to hire a private guide, and that was definitely true. Johan was a wonderful guide...very professional, fun, and knowledgeable. I highly highly recommend him!

Visited June 2012
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing guided tour of MA National Park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Our family of three recently did a private guided tour with Johan Chaves at Manuel Antonio National Park. Johan was a wonderful guide! He was friendly and courteous and clearly loves his job!

We would not have seen a quarter of what we were able to see if not for Johan. He had such a good eye and pointed out the smallest of creatures. It was truly amazing, Thanks to him we got some fabulous photos.

I would highly recommend calling him for a tour. It is a wonderful park and the beaches are fantastic. Be sure to bring your bathing suit and snacks and you cannot purcahse food or drink at the park.

Thanks Johan for an extremely informative tour. We were so happy we called you. You were an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Visited July 2012