“Back Again to El Ranchito and Worth Every Penny”

El Rancho Restaurant
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I just love this restaurant - better than anywhere else in Quepos/Manuel Antonio. I don't think there is a chef who could possibly cook and serve fish better than Pato. The staff is fabulous (Alberto, Alexandria and her replacement Morgan) and the dining experience is intimate and friendly. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone visiting this area of Costa Rica. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We had the yellow fin tuna with the pineapple chile salsa and the fresh catch (mahi mahi with red pepper sauce) - both were fresh and cooked perfectly. We also got the cheeseburger for the kids, which was also awesome. Villas Nicolas is a great dinner place - quiet and intimate with great food. This has been our best dining experience in Manuel Antonio.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Rancho at Villas Nicolas is a great, intimate restaurant. The chef and owner of the restaurant is a Manuel Antonio local who has a passion for cooking and is always coming up with new dishes. My husband and I go here for our date night whenever we can and always leave super content and happy. His seafood is always fresh and always a few different sauces to accompany. The best part is I am celiac and Kenneth, the chef, can always create a wonderful meal for me and I never worry about having any gluten attacks. He is very flexible with different dietary needs.
I highly recommend El Rancho, especially if you want to experience some local cooking.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Try the tuna and also the sea bass. Expertly prepared and the portions were good. A little pricey but a great splurge.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great place to stay and eat! Their food is very reasonably priced and a beautiful setting! Love Quepos