“My favorite restaurant in Manuel Antonio!”

El Rancho Restaurant
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Rancho at Villas Nicolas is a great, intimate restaurant. The chef and owner of the restaurant is a Manuel Antonio local who has a passion for cooking and is always coming up with new dishes. My husband and I go here for our date night whenever we can and always leave super content and happy. His seafood is always fresh and always a few different sauces to accompany. The best part is I am celiac and Kenneth, the chef, can always create a wonderful meal for me and I never worry about having any gluten attacks. He is very flexible with different dietary needs.
I highly recommend El Rancho, especially if you want to experience some local cooking.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Try the tuna and also the sea bass. Expertly prepared and the portions were good. A little pricey but a great splurge.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great place to stay and eat! Their food is very reasonably priced and a beautiful setting! Love Quepos

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by a troop of howler monkeys all around us. The restaurant is very quaint, only about 5-6 tables. Service was spectacular and the tuna was fabulous. It was so nice there, that we are looking into staying there next time we return. On our zipline tour, we met a family staying there that solidified that idea.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Only accepted cash. Had grilled shrimp and veggies. Was excellent.

3  Thank njsusan_23