“GREAT!!!!”

Tropical Surf School
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I had a 2 hour surf lesson from Gilberth. Great instructor! Great conversation! Great time all around! My husband actually learned to surf. I only got up once but had a great time doing it! Gilberth was so patient with us and really fun to get to know. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We took a two hour surf lesson and had an unforgettable experience. We are now proud to say that we have surfed Costa Rican waves! This was a great surf school for surfers of all levels. We were promptly taken from our hotel in Manuel Antonio to Quepos where we were provided boards, rash guards, and a safe place to leave our stuff. Then we headed to the beach and received a quick lesson on land- and after that we headed out to the water! Our instructor was friendly and very helpful. The waves were quite large that day and our instructor was very reassuring at all times. Once the lesson was finished, our instructor bought us coconuts from a man selling them on the street. We were offered fresh pineapple, water, and a place to rinse off. We had a great time and highly recommend this school to anybody in the area that wants to try surfing!!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I highly recommend these guys if you are looking for a laid back, yet professional crew. We had arranged our lesson the day before and the crew picked us up promptly from the hotel. Our instructor was friendly, encouraging, and knowledgeable. The friend I was traveling with was a more experienced surfer and he catered the lesson to our individual capability. Afterward we had fresh coconut juice and fresh pineapple, rinsed off with fresh water, and browsed through the pictures they took of us. I would recommend taking the 2 hour lesson, especially if you are a first time surfer... it's harder than it looks!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was in Manuel Antonio with my family. My brother and I surf. The whole family chartered Tropical Surf School's boat for the day. I've chartered boats before in Central America, and you never really know what to expect. When we arrived at the dock, we were very happy to see a very well kept, modern, 30+foot boat in excellent condition. Once aboard, we realized we had two decks to spread out, catch sun and views on the roof deck. The speakers onboard are top notch. You can bring an ipod or the captain has a ton of music. There's speakers on the roof deck and main deck. First we stopped and snorkeled for about an hour. We saw a lot of fish and sea life. Then, we headed south and went surfing three times--- once behind the boat at sea, then at Playa Ray and Matapalo. The waves were great, big sets were rolling through. The crew came surfing with us, took lots of awesome pictures the whole time, and sent them to us on Facebook, free of charge. In between surf sessions they'd whip up some tasty snacks and sandwiches. All in all I would highly recommend spending the day with these guys on their boat--- it was definitely the best day of the trip.

1  Thank Sb0415
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Young company, nice teachers, easy going and on time. Very professional, esp with me and my female friend. Learned a lot in just a few lessons. Highly recommend these guys. Really