“Best Margaritas in Manuel Antonio”
Review of Jefe's Restaurante & Cantina - CLOSED

Jefe's Restaurante & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 21, 2011

Building a home in Manuel Antonio, I have eaten in every restaurant in town many, many times. Jefe's is the only Mexican restaurant in Manuel Antonio. The service is friendly, the food is fresh, tasty, and very reasonably priced. Great margaritas are always flowing. It is one of my two tried and tue "go to" places when I am there.

Reviewed March 3, 2011

My husband and I visited Manuel Antonio last week and stopped by the new restaurant Jefe's Restaurante & Cantina to try it out. I ordered the burrito and my husband had the steak fajitas. Both were excellent! I have a soft spot for burritos and have frequented many places in the New England area, and I have to say that this burrito was perfect. Plus it was served with spanish rice and refried beans along with fresh salsa and sour cream. My husband's dish came out sizzling, and with a hefty portion (he isn't happy unless a restaurant serves a sufficient amount and he could barely finish!)

Overall we were extremely impressed not only with the portion and quality, but with the price. We were only in town for 10 days, but went back again and wanted to go back for the brunch as well. I would HIGHLY recommend this as a great option for all travelers!

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Jefe's Cantina is a must stop if you are in Manuel Antonio. Jeff and the crew really make it fun to go there and the food is fast and delicious. The pool is huge with a great deck area and margarita bar. I will be back

Reviewed February 23, 2011

I have been to Jefe's on many occasions over the past 2 months, its always fresh and the tex mex menu offers a delicious variety for all, at a reasonable price. You will not find another restaurant in Manuel Antonio that serves tex mex as it should be!

The Toomy tacos (beef or chicken) are some of the best I have ever had and the fish tacos are served in a soft shell with a devine cole slaw that will make your taste buds pop!! Don't forget to order a restaurant special, Chiwilly (local Guarro liquor flavored shots).

The atmosphere is open air dining in one of the original hotels of Manuel Antonio (think charming and original). The chef seems to take pride in his food preparation, and the staff are attentive without being obtrusive. I also like that there are often specials, which gives a good variety to choose from at a nice price! Don't miss out on the weekend BBQ's by the pool...

This is a must stop restaurant if ever you are in Manuel Antonio!

Reviewed February 11, 2011

Great Tex Mex, Best Margaritas, Specials everyday, pool, and ocean view. The best fried Calamari in town. They are the new restaurant in town and are trying very hard to provide the total package in dining. Going through the growing pains of opening a new restaurant they will listen to any suggestions and make corrections as needed to keep customers happy. They had a great PIG ROAST and SUPERBOWL PARTY that was full of energy.