“joyride”

MidWorld Costa Rica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Just 20 minutes from Quepos nestled in over 1,000 acres of river front rainforest land, MidWorld offers: Costa Rica's longest Superman line, measuring in at 1.055 Kilometers! Canopy Tour - includes 9 lines and 14 platforms with breathtaking forest views, 2 rappel lines and a treetop suspension bridge. Spider Free Fall--Manuel Antonio's only guided free fall system. ATV tour - area's only tour with fully-automatic ATV's. Enjoy MidWorld's spectacular scenery without the worry of shifting gears. At 330-350 ccs, we also boast the areas most powerful machines.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“joyride”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Had a great time doing the canopy.. The guys helping us were fun, professional and helpful.. it was worth the travel and the cost
the area was rich with trees and high enough to see everything below you

Dallas, Texas
“Great Canopy Experience!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This tour was everything it suggested and more! The guides really made this trip unique, providing great information and comfort as you launch yourself off 10 different platforms! The adrenaline rush leaves you thrilled with the experience. My personal highlight was the toucan sighting! keep your eyes peeled.

wales
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Go see the trees”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The canopy tour was amazing! Do the superman, it's immense and makes you really get the feeling of 'flying' literally through the air! It was amazing! The storm impacted on some of the zip lines - so check whether it's all back in action now. We went before the storm, but the company is really good. Some people from the hotel went after the storm and they didnt get to do many of the zip lines so the company didn't charge them for that aspect of their tour.

Visited August 2012
Jamie R, Owner at MidWorld Costa Rica, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Visitor,

Thank you for spending the day with us, and for your positive review!

Fortunately all of the damages sustained to the canopy tour were easily repairable, and as such we are fully operational once again!

Thanks again from all of us here at MidWorld, and we hope that you enjoyed your Costa Rican vacation!

Best Regards,

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I did the canopy tour last weekend and we had a great time!! I highly recommend doing this, it was an unforgettable experience. I have a HUGE fear a heights and I tried to back out at the very last moment when I was hooked onto our first line, but luckily my boyfriend and our guides wouldn't let me! They were above and beyond nice when dealing with me trying to quit, and just like they promised I was smiling, laughing and having fun by the end. If anyone is a little concerned about the safety or thinks something like this might be a little too much for them, don't worry it's very safe and fun! I think I gave the staff and our group something to laugh at because of how nervous I was in the beginning, but everyone was beyond nice and patient with me. Everyone makes you feel like family by the end, especially with the home cooked meal and friendly happy dogs playing around.

A bonus is they drive you there, and on the way we were given a lot of information about the history, ecology and environment. We learned a lot of things we wouldn't have noticed on our own. We wanted to drive on our own, but after seeing the road to get there we were glad we didn't. We've drove through all types of roads, but this one was a little rough towards the end. Also, get the pictures, they are worth it!

1 Thank Kitty L
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“so so so so awesome”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

These guys are great. Just amazing. We (husband + me) booked the canopy zipline tour through our hotel, so the tour guides picked us up from the hotel (with a quick stop in their Quepos office to sign waivers) before driving us up to the tour area. The guides were easy-going, attentive, and a lot of fun to hang out with. We were the only people on the tour that morning, so we ended up with a private tour! These guys are very safety-focused, knowledgeable about the local history/ecology, and they whip up a delicious Costa Rican lunch. The scenery is amazing and the zipines are fantastic, but the staff is really what made this a highlight of our trip.