“Great relaxing late lunch”
Review of Parque Sushi

Parque Sushi
Cuisines: Asian
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great relaxing late lunch”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I toured Manuel Antonio Park (MAP) thinking that we would be finished within 1.5 hours. That was not the case as there were so many things to see at the MAP that it took us closer to 2.75 hours; by now it was after 2:30 and we were hungry. We were able to relax at the beach area, but that's another story...anyway to the food review.

I had the lunch special (almond crusted red snapper) and it was great. The texture was nice, fish cooked just right and the added crunch of the almond was a welcome surprise. The sauce that was included with the special was also good, but in my opinion was not necessary specially if you like fish. My wife had filipino food which she enjoyed as well. Rey, the filipino chef, came out and was able to talk to us for awhile since we had a late lunch, it wasn't too busy and it began to rain very hard. Also, the staff was friendly and accommodating...oh, this restaurant also have souvenirs which was an added bonus for one stop eating, drinking and shopping. His wife Gina was also there to help my wife pick out some items to bring back home. A nice way to close the MAP adventure:)

Archie & Jamice
November 2012 Costa Rica Adventure

• Visited November 2012

Winnipeg
“what a surprise right outside MA gates”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I picked this place for one reason: I was starved after hiking in the park and this was the first place I saw outside the park gates. As someone else said, it appears to be a souvenir stand with a restaurant tacked on, so I wasn't expecting much. Wow! The food was amazing. Had a fish fillet with delicious crunchy coating, rice, vegetables (can't honestly remember what they were) and a yummy dipping sauce. It wasn't cheap (I think it was around $12) but totally worth it. The owner/cook is also very pleasant.

• Visited October 2012
Sacramento, California, United States
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were surprised at what great quality food and service in this little restaurant. It doesn't look like much, inside a souvenir shop, but it is absolutely wonderful! Try the teriyaki chicken!

• Visited November 2012
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I ate there several times during my stay in costa rica and everything I ate there it was excellent friendly service and great food! The sushi and the chicken teriyaki was my favorite!

1 Thank Megansmile
Toronto, Canada
“excellent fish”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

had great mahi mahi and tuna main courses, about 5000colons each dish. tried filipino dishes second time which were so-so. didnt try the sushi. very small restaurant part of the souvenir shop just outside M.A. N.P. . closes at 4pm!

• Visited March 2012