“Nice dinner”

Falls Garden Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Latin, Costa Rican, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Quepos, Costa Rica
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went with 2 other friends for dinner. Lovely poolside setting. We all ordered the fish special, which was very good & tasty.

• Visited February 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“One of the Best in Manuel Antonio”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

After reading some of the current reviews I was a bit hesitant to try this spot. However, I was convinced by my friends who have been here on a few occasions that I “must” try it. I did. This is a remarkably well composed restaurant with an equally able chef, food and service. We (four adults) had a remarkable meal with fried plantains (on the house), jalapeño poppers and ceviche for starters. The ceviche marinade was nailed right on, and the poppers were what jalapeño poppers are supposed to be, hot and spicy; we just loved it (lesson learned: if you cannot handle hot food, don’t order it) Moving on, we had the Mahi Mahi in citrus sauce, a pineapple tuna steak which was cooked just as a medium tuna steak should be. The Falls Sea Bass was also well prepared (The Creole sauce was outstanding; I think it was made from a fabulous stock from scratch). The Seafood Tagliatelle was served with fresh sea food (I did not taste this, but was told it was my loss). We finished our meal by sharing a Coconut flan and a Crème Brule that will absolutely knock your socks off (Fortunately I had Birkenstocks).
Our foodie experience did not end with the desert. It started all over again at sunrise with fresh brewed Costa Rican coffee, fresh tropical fruits, pastries and other hot foods such as eggs made to order. Though, this is a complimentary breakfast with the room, I have to say a full blown spread like this fueled my body well past 2pm!
As I rate The Falls Garden Café, (and remembering I am neither at the Ritz Carlton nor the Otto e Mezzo in Hong Kong) I give its setting, ambiance, staff and food equal credence. I am glad I was convinced to try it, and I will most certainly be back for more. Finally keep in mind reviews, mine included, are simply subjective assessments of an unscientifically selected few (of us) who may or may not be having the best day of the week, or hour of the day. Chef and restaurant staff you guys are the best! Pura Vida and don’t forget to smile :)

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank CanopyRat
Benicia, CA
“Good dinner choice”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice. Informal setting wirh very good food. We had cerviche, gazpacho, Mahi Mahi, and sea bass . Well prepared and presented. Well priced. Would definitely return.

Waukesha, WI
“Great Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed at the Falls Resort and ended up eating at the on-site restaurant for most of our meals and were not disappointed. Everything was wonderful and great service!

Visited February 2014
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice option in Manuel Antonio”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I've been to the Falls a few times and enjoyed breakfast, lunch, and dinner on different occasions. The wait staff is very friendly and attentive. They have a nice salad option (which is sometimes hard to get in Costa Rica) and I love the sweet potato chips. My family all ordered the hamburgers last time and said they were good. I have also heard that the pork tenderloin on the dinner menu is delicious. I hope to go back and try it soon!

• Visited January 2014