“Mario Brenes is the best!”

Costa Rica Jade Tours
Ranked #1 of 72 Tours in Manuel Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rica Jade Tours is a local tour company in beautiful Manuel Antonio. We offer the best activities and tours to help make all your vacation dreams come true. Contact us so we can help you discover the most exciting adventures and exotic treasures from this spectacular land. You may never want to leave!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family (my husband and I, son and daughter in law, and two grandson ages 11 and 14) visited Costa Rica earlier this month (July 2013) and were lucky enough to book a walking tour of Manuel Antonio National Park with Mario Brenes of Jade Tours. What a delight! Mario is a walking, talking encyclopedia of nature, especially reptiles. I swear he has four sets of eyes, front, back and both sides of his head, the way he can spot animals, insects, etc. in the foliage. Two of Mario's endearing attributes are his obvious love of the flora and fauna of Costa Rica and his passion for his work. Once we experienced Mario in the Park it was an easy decision to book a second tour with him, this time a night-time boat tour of the mangrove groves. This tour, which included a wonderful restaurant dinner before the tour, turned out to be the highlight of our entire week in Costa Rica, beating out even the Park and our canopy zipline tour. Don't miss it, and definitely do it at night-with Mario, of course-what a treat. Don't forget to ask Mario to do his imitation of a howler monkey-it's uncanny.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,072)
All reviews
"night tour"
in 129 reviews
"mario brenes"
in 53 reviews
"great tour"
in 130 reviews
"manuel antonio national park"
in 177 reviews
in 26 reviews
"spot animals"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Jade tours was great. Very knowledgeable guide. Went out of his way to accomodate and answer all our questions.definately worth the experience. If it wasn't for him, we would not have seen the animals !

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and I traveled to Costa Rica last summer and we still talk about the amazing experience and one big highlight of the trip was Mario with Jade Tours... Mario picked us up at our Hotel and gave us the most incredible tour of the park... my daughters were 5 and 7 and still talk about how Mario can talk to the animals (Tucan call and monkey calls)...... He has a passion for everything in nature and has a voluminous knowledge of all types of animals and plant species.... His amazing Telescope allowed us to see the smallest creates and takes pics w/ our iPhones!! I made a video (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob2c8uoCmO8 ) of our families Costa Rica trip and the last 1/2 of the video has our trip to Manuel Antonio if you want to see the Park and Mario's amazing monkey calls.... Thanks again Mario !!!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Enough said. This tour was the highlight - as a reptile lover I was a bit biased, but Mario and team are AMAZING. so fun, so knowledgable. Night hike is a great and unique thing to do in Manuel Antonio and not to be missed! Traveled in April- so sorry this review is so overdue Mario!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I'm sorry I am just now writing this review- our family of 4 traveled to Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica back in April, 2013. I can't say enough about Mario. we went on the Mangrove tour and the Manuel Antonio National Park tour. Both were great and would not have been the same with another guide. Mario is professional and very knowledgeable about anything "Costa Rica". He has a passion that is contagious and he kept our 10 year old son intrigued the whole time. I especially liked the mangrove tour. It was a nice boat ride through a unique environment that you can't see everywhere. Our next visit we will definately book Mario. He also has a very good website to view the tours and book ahead of time. His sweet wife does the booking and she is great with emailing you back.