“Highly recommend nightwalk tour!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Jade Tours

Costa Rica Jade Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rica Jade Tours is a local tour company in beautiful Manuel Antonio. We offer the best activities and tours to help make all your vacation dreams come true. Contact us so we can help you discover the most exciting adventures and exotic treasures from this spectacular land. You may never want to leave!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Edmonton, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Highly recommend nightwalk tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on the Night Walk tour in the Rainmaker forest with Mario as our guide. We both had an amazing time on this tour. The size of the tour groups are small- only one other family in addition to us on the tour. You leave the Manuel Antonio area at around 5pm, and return a bit after 9 pm. It's not a long drive to the walk. The walk itself is very interesting- you see a lot of insects, snakes, and get to walk the suspension bridges. Very cool to be in the forest and see the beautiful stars. Mario is very knowlegable and a good teacher. This walk is quite interactive though-- you will get to find and point out animals and insects you see and point them out to Mario.
Another awesome thing about this tour is that Mario will take pictures with his camera of the animals you see and email them to you-- that way you can experience the walk and not constantly be worrying that you've captured everything on your camera. This walk is good for all ages- as long as you are able to walk for a couple hours... so maybe not young kids or others with mobility issues- but definitely recommend to everyone.
You get a bottle of water at the end of the trip- but would recommend eating dinner/snacks prior to the walk.
Recommend good walking shoes, long pants, - didn't need a jacket, but it was a bit cooler than in Manuel Antonio. Very good value for the money.

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We took two tours a couple of years ago with Mario and had a great time. We went back to Costa Rica this year and booked two more tours: Rainmaker and the night mangrove tour. Rainmaker park is beautiful and well worth the trip. The highlight, however was the night tour of the mangrove. We even got to hold a baby croc. Mario is very knowledgeable of the animal and plant life, which makes for an informative tour.

Tempe, Arizona, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Mario is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I booked a tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Mario based on other reviews for my family of four (two adults and two kids ages 11 and 13). We had a large group so Mario split us into two. My group consisted of my family and another with kids and was led by Mario. Mario took his time setting up the binoculars and giving really detailed descriptions of animals and wildlife in the park. I know my kids were listening because my 11 year old mentioned two times in the next two days about sloths having 4 stomachs. Mario is clearly passionate about the beautiful environment in Costa Rica and it was a pleasure to see the park through his eyes. We spotted toucans, sloths, and two types of monkeys, just to mention a bit of the wildlife prominent. The tour also included a pit stop by the beach with fruit and water. Remember to bring a copy of your passport if you want to leave the park after the tour to have lunch and then re-enter without paying again. You have to sign a book when you enter to get back in. If you are visiting Manuel Antonio, I highly recommend Jade Tours. We wouldn't have seen much of anything without Mario's expert eyes. His enthusiasm is infectious! Thanks Mario! :)

Phoenix
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Do it! Rainforest Night Tour with Mario is an Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

With Mario behind the wheel and his wife Cristel by his side, the adventure began in the van as Mario began to prepare us for what was to come ahead. As we jostled about on the dark dirt road to Rainmaker park, I began feel the enthusiasm for what as going to happen. This would either be the best or dumbest thing we ever did! Within our first few steps into the park we heard Mario shout "hey guys" looks at this! From that moment on it was a series of "hey guys" moments with Mario guiding, showing and sharing about all things poisonous that could kill or send us into a psychotic stuper for the rest of our lives. We easily saw over 50 types of toads, spiders, insects and snakes .. including the infamous Glass Frog. The best moment was when we were suspended on a hanging bridge and I asked Mario if we could stop and turn off our flashlights. The gentle sway of the bridge, suspended in pitch black while hearing the water rushing beneath us and the nighttime symphony was Pura Vida magic. Mario is also a budding photographer and he gladly took my camera and adjusted the settings so that I could capture the critters in their full glory. They were charming, professional and knowledgeable making the tour a more than worthwhile adventure. I'm a meeting and event planner and would not hesitate to recommend Costa Rica Jade Tours to my friends and clients.

Visited February 2013
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
“Great night time tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Fantastic tour our the Rainmaker rain forest! Mario really made this night time tour so interesting and informative. After a very so-so tour in the Corcovado National Park a day earlier, we were hoping to see more wildlife and Mario delivered!