WINNER WONDERLAND

“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Costa Rica Jade Tours

Costa Rica Jade Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rica Jade Tours is a local tour company in beautiful Manuel Antonio. We offer the best activities and tours to help make all your vacation dreams come true. Contact us so we can help you discover the most exciting adventures and exotic treasures from this spectacular land. You may never want to leave!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We took two tours a couple of years ago with Mario and had a great time. We went back to Costa Rica this year and booked two more tours: Rainmaker and the night mangrove tour. Rainmaker park is beautiful and well worth the trip. The highlight, however was the night tour of the mangrove. We even got to hold a baby croc. Mario is very knowledgeable of the animal and plant life, which makes for an informative tour.

Tempe, Arizona, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Mario is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I booked a tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Mario based on other reviews for my family of four (two adults and two kids ages 11 and 13). We had a large group so Mario split us into two. My group consisted of my family and another with kids and was led by Mario. Mario took his time setting up the binoculars and giving really detailed descriptions of animals and wildlife in the park. I know my kids were listening because my 11 year old mentioned two times in the next two days about sloths having 4 stomachs. Mario is clearly passionate about the beautiful environment in Costa Rica and it was a pleasure to see the park through his eyes. We spotted toucans, sloths, and two types of monkeys, just to mention a bit of the wildlife prominent. The tour also included a pit stop by the beach with fruit and water. Remember to bring a copy of your passport if you want to leave the park after the tour to have lunch and then re-enter without paying again. You have to sign a book when you enter to get back in. If you are visiting Manuel Antonio, I highly recommend Jade Tours. We wouldn't have seen much of anything without Mario's expert eyes. His enthusiasm is infectious! Thanks Mario! :)

Phoenix
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Do it! Rainforest Night Tour with Mario is an Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

With Mario behind the wheel and his wife Cristel by his side, the adventure began in the van as Mario began to prepare us for what was to come ahead. As we jostled about on the dark dirt road to Rainmaker park, I began feel the enthusiasm for what as going to happen. This would either be the best or dumbest thing we ever did! Within our first few steps into the park we heard Mario shout "hey guys" looks at this! From that moment on it was a series of "hey guys" moments with Mario guiding, showing and sharing about all things poisonous that could kill or send us into a psychotic stuper for the rest of our lives. We easily saw over 50 types of toads, spiders, insects and snakes .. including the infamous Glass Frog. The best moment was when we were suspended on a hanging bridge and I asked Mario if we could stop and turn off our flashlights. The gentle sway of the bridge, suspended in pitch black while hearing the water rushing beneath us and the nighttime symphony was Pura Vida magic. Mario is also a budding photographer and he gladly took my camera and adjusted the settings so that I could capture the critters in their full glory. They were charming, professional and knowledgeable making the tour a more than worthwhile adventure. I'm a meeting and event planner and would not hesitate to recommend Costa Rica Jade Tours to my friends and clients.

Visited February 2013
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
“Great night time tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Fantastic tour our the Rainmaker rain forest! Mario really made this night time tour so interesting and informative. After a very so-so tour in the Corcovado National Park a day earlier, we were hoping to see more wildlife and Mario delivered!

Visited March 2013
“Fantastic! Do not miss the tour of the rainmaker forest at night!! A truly exciting and unique experience you will never forget!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family and I will be talking and Laughing about this hike forever. Mario is the Ultimate professional and very knowledgeable about every creature you will come across (& there will be MANY!!) He makes the tour fascinating and very entertaining. His enthusiasm is contagious and if you think insects and frogs and snakes (eventhough we missed the snakes because we skipped the hanging bridges where they love to hang out) are not exciting, Mario's knowledge will Change You Mind! Listening to the waterfalls as you hike the jungle at night by flashlight, with many surprises at every turn....priceless!! All of this, with a Bonus of his awesome National Geographic quality photos he takes of your hike and of all the creatures you discover. Worth Every Penny!
(*Note: there are stairs and inclines, not too many and not too difficult, but not for someone that has an issues with stairs, although Mario was able to customize our tour for my husband who has knee problems. Just let him know before you start.)
Great Time! Thanks Mario!! :)
PS. (can you send us the funny photo of Michael crossing bridge? My daughter and I were dying to show my husband his expression on his face!)