“Awesome tour of the mangroves with Mario!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Costa Rica Jade Tours

Costa Rica Jade Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Costa Rica Jade Tours is a local tour company in beautiful Manuel Antonio. We offer the best activities and tours to help make all your vacation dreams come true. Contact us so we can help you discover the most exciting adventures and exotic treasures from this spectacular land. You may never want to leave!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Awesome tour of the mangroves with Mario!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Mario was incredibly thorough and helped us see monkeys, herons, sandpipers, egrets, ibis, freaky little red crabs on the mangroves, crocodiles, and a little anteater. His passion clearly comes through for Costa Rican ecoology - time well spent!

mariobrady, Owner at Costa Rica Jade Tours, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hola :)
The mangrove tour is one of the best nature activities in Costa Rica due the large and amazing wildlife that is encountered in this ecosystems. In addition also the educational information makes this experience to be a complete highlight. I am very happy to know that your tour has been so wonderful. Our team appreciate your words.

Thanks!
Mario Brenes

Aptos, California, United States
“Manuel Antonio with Mario”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I can only heartily confirm that the previous "WOW" reviews of Mario's tours are SPOT ON! What a fantastic way to see Manuel Antonio National Park. Thank you so much Mario for your passion, knowledge, experience, and fantastic eagle eye. Even with the rain, I had a remarkable experience and would recommend this tour to everyone. I also have saved the palm frond cricket that you made for me, it is sitting on my computer desk reminding me of what a great time I had in Costa Rica.

Visited October 2012
“Awesome tour experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Mario was phenomenal as a tour guide. You get three distinct elements with him as a guide that you can't get walking by yourself if you're a newbie. First, his 'Where's Waldo' skill in finding the smallest of species which are way more interesting than monkeys (which are cool don't get me wrong). Second, his skill at getting great telescopic views of the species and then he can take a picture with your regular camera through the telescope, a skill we failed to master. Lastly, his vast knowledge of both the local wildlife and vegetation that helps you better understand the evolution of the local area. He does all these things with great care and kindness, highly recommended.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very informative and interesting tour of Parque Nationale de Manuel Antonio.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Mario was a great guide! Thank you for making our visit to Manuel Antonio awesome! We only had a day to see ehat we could of the area. He made the entire trip worth it! We saw some amazing animals and plants that I would have never noticed without his expertise!

1 Thank Anthony S
UK
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wow wow wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

All of the previous review are correct. Mario is a brill your guide who I decided to engage after reading trip advisor for a tour of Manuel Antonio park. I traveled here for the weekend as part of a longer trip in Costa rica and had a fantastic experience.
Saw loads of animals and insects with Mario that I would not have seen otherwise, including a very active sloth. He is amazing how he spots them and now I know what everyone means by National geographic photos as I have some.
Did this tour in October in low season and had no issues seeing everything.
Also did a night mangrove tour with Mario which is equally as impressive seeing snakes,amazing birds, lizards and frogs to name but a few. Cannot recommend enough this very friendly, genuine and knowledgable tour guide.