“It is a very good experience to study here!”

Academia de Espanol D'Amore
More attraction details
Owner description: Academia de Espanol D’Amore is one of the finest institutions in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica where you can learn Spanish, experience the culture and make life-long friends. You are sure to have an unforgettable experience while attending Academia de Espanol D’Amore.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was in this school the last month with my mom Katherine.
We really enjoyed to study here. The staff are very nice and funny. We learned a lot spanish.

We loved the school!!

1  Thank Darren K

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My son and fellow high school classmates spent 2 weeks here - what an incredible experience! The teachers and owner (David) made sure each was in the appropriate class for their knowledge of the language. Group activities were fun and very well planned out - nice additions to the classroom experience. The "host family" he stayed with encouraged him to speak the language while in the home; "Mom" was an excellent cook! This area of Costa Rica is so beautiful. The first photo sent back was the ocean view from the school - wow!

After reading "aikidomonkey" reviews (2- done months apart?); I don't know where he/she is coming from. Those comments do not stand up at all to the experience our son had. We could tell immediately how much his Spanish had improved. And most importantly; David and his staff/faculty took very good care of our students during their visit. We would definitely recommend this immersion school, and already have!

2  Thank m0m43b0ys
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was participating in a Spanish course for four weeks. It was lovely, the people at the school are very friendly and attentive.
The attention I received was fabulous!!!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

FIrst, attend a class, or two before you pay anything. Go to the conversation class too. If you like it, pay the big bucks for the shortest period you can, knowing there is no refund if it turns south on you. Some teachers are great. Beginners, be careful. You might be immersed with the teacher and no one else. That could be very trying if the teacher I know was a beginner teacher. The director is super snotty, off-putting to many, assumes he has The Method You Need. But, like I said, with eyes wide open, I got a good two weeks of Spanish before I decided I couldn't be sure it would last, and I won't be back.

1  Thank aikidomonkey
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The staff, teachers and administrators for this school are very vested in your success. They have a real passion for teaching you how to speak spanish correctly. The school is wonderfully situated in Manuel Antonio overlooking the ocean. The class sizes are managed so that you can get one-on-one attention. If you are looking for a spanish language school in a great beach town with all the splendor of a Manuel Antonio Park and all its richness, then you have found school. I would advise at least a 3-4 weeks stay to advance you language skills appeciably.