“Best Family Day Ever”
Review of Amigos Del Rio

Amigos Del Rio
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Amigos del RioSafe, Unique, Reliable and Intense Adventures in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica!White Water Rafting in Costa Rica or Kayaking along the Manuel Antonio's coast will make your Costa Rica family vacation unforgettable! Enjoy all the water sports that Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica has to offer you. From world class whitewater rafting at just 30 minutes from the famous Manuel Antonio National Park, in Savegre and Naranjo rivers to Ocean Kayaking along the beautiful Quepos coast line or Mangrove Kayaking at the Damas Island estuary, we will provide you with safe and unique fun, cause we love what we do. Please browse through our site and let us know in which way we can help you enjoy your stay in our beautiful Costa Rica.Pura vida, and see you on the water!The Amigos del Rio Team
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Thank you for an absolutely wonderful day, full of new and exciting experiences. We were all a bit nervous, and didn't know what to expect as far as the safety of the operation. I actually had to use the fact that it was my birthday, to make the rest of the family agree to join me. I can honestly say that we did not feel unsafe or worried about ourselves or our children at any time. At the end of the trip, all of us picked this experience as the absolute best. The guides were educated, positive and eager to help when needed. The food was delicious, and the conversation around the table was interesting and made us feel a little bit a part of native Costa Rica. The zip lining was better that in Arenal, because it felt more real. I loved the rappelling, and they stared out easy, so it was not scary at all. The scenery was spectacular, and there were nobody but us out there.

Reviewed January 11, 2011

Our family of 5 booked a day with Amigos del Rio for their ten in one adventure. This was by far one of the best days of our vacation. They picked us up at the hotel gave us breakfast and brought us to the beginning of the adventure where we all went on horses up to the canyon. The rapelling, zipping was more than just the thrill of these adventures. They have have designed a course which allows each participant to view amazing vistas and waterfalls and streams while you are hiking, zipping and repelling. And then we return to their office for lunch. All over Costa Rica are places where you can zip but this awesome experience is so much more. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable, helpful and fun. Cannot say enough good things about this day.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

I am one of those people that enjoys knowing I made the "best choice" in selecting something. Especially when it involves a vacation experience that may not be so easy to have a do-over, if the wrong choice is made.

My Short Review: BEST ADVENTURE EXCURSION EVER!!!

MY DETAILED REVIEW:
If you have to choose just one special adventure excursion in Costa Rica, I would consider this one ideal, because of the variety, the value, and the high standards.

We chose the ADVENTURE PACKAGE, which consisted of 10 pretty amazing experiences.

Including: Zip-Lining ( through a waterfall!) Free-Falling into a fresh water pool (wow!) Rappelling, Canyoning, Tarzan Swing (even upside down!)
Swimming under a waterfall, Horseback Riding in the Rain Forest, etc.

From beginning to end...it was a positive experience....far exceeding our expectations.

Our guide (Carlos Ramirez), has years of experience in adventure tours, with the
utmost concern shown for safety standards. He upheld that ideal balance of being a knowledgeable, professional guide......and helping to make it the ultimate fun experience for the customer. (Plus, during the day's excursion....we literally learned more about the Costa Rican culture....than we had during the previous six days of our vacation!)

These are some of my suggestions / tips if considering this excursion:

Contact the company (Mr. Ramirez) if you wish to have an excursion adapted to your specific group's wishes, or needs. (It's an all-inclusive package...before any changes)

We opted for the very convenient pickup/delivery service at our hotel in the Jaco Beach area. (Which was an hour away.)

Food: A Costa Rican breakfast was served at the beginning of the trip. Bottled water available during excursion. Fresh pineapple and cookies as snack. At conclusion of trip a very nice lunch was served.
(Able to bring additional snacks if desired. If so, I suggest enough for (3 or so) guides also, since our experience was that it became a very relaxed and close group.)

Clothing: (Especially women.....instead of swimsuit):
Pants: I suggest long pants (or long shorts) made out of quick-drying material similar to a windbreaker. ( I purchased mine at Academy Sports in U.S.)
Top: A dark colored, close-fitting top, such as a Cami. (With or without Tank Top)
Shoes: With tread that is appropriate for hiking and rappelling, and okay in the water.

Reasoning for these suggestions:

Comfortable for horseback riding, water activities, and the zip-line harness equipment.

Because of the ability to dry quickly, I did not have to change clothes afterwards.
(At present time, there is a "small" bathroom facility at the beginning of Zip-Line point....(or big trees to hide behind)....and a bigger bathroom facility at the office headquarters.)
Bring a change of dry clothes /shoes / towel, if desired.

The close fitting, dark top....is VERY important....to help ensure safety with your harness equipment.....and modesty when your clothes are wet / stretchy...

Bring Mosquito repellent if desired, and apply before using harness equipment.
(Prevents equipment from getting sticky or jammed)

Smoking: Preferably No. But if so, not while wearing harness....for safety reasons.
(Obviously, No dropping of cigarette butts or trash.)

WEAR CROAKIE CORD WITH GLASSES to prevent losing them! The cord, along with the supplied helmet, worked well to secure my husband's glasses. I did not feel the need to wear sunglasses, since it was not overly bright in the rainforest.

No jewelry or loose objects, naturally.....especially on the upside-down Tarzan Swing...

CAMERA / PHOTOS: Trust me on this....just bring some extra money...and purchase the professional pictures that one of the guides will take. I only wish I had known about
this option before we purchased a waterproof, disposable camera, that we wound up not using because we were too busy holding on to "something" above a river or waterfall!

The cost probably depends on the number in your group....but we had 2 in our group.....and we purchased the $35 photo CD that contained a bonus of approx 40-50 amazingly beautiful pictures of things native to Costa Rica (such as Toucans, Frogs, Scenery, Butterflies, Snakes, Animals, etc) .......in addition to approximately 40-50 pictures of some of the most incredible in-the-moment-shots of our day!!

(My favorite pictures captured our expressions during each stage of releasing our harnesses......and then......Free-Falling into the fresh water river!!!)

Optional: Extra Tip Money.
We were so pleased with our excursion.....(and after learning a bit more about
behind-the-scenes information....such as how this is a hard-working family business....or, how this business provides a livelihood for the family that supplies
the horse rentals, etc)....that we were thankful we had extra tip money for the guides,
and for the photographer.

2  Thank Geneva_HavingFun
Reviewed December 25, 2010

My wife and I went rafting with amigos del rio,the first week of dec.Everything went really smooth.From the time they picked us up to the end of the day.We had a full brakfast first thing in the morning with carlos,the owner.After we went with his son fabian.A great person and excellent guide.We rafted the savegre river which was very good for first time rafters.Every paRT OF THE TRIP WAS GREAT.dONT HESITATE TO USE AMIGOS FOR YOUR TRIP,YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED.

Reviewed December 19, 2010

If you're interested in an adventure trip while in the Manuel Antonio area of Costa Rica, definitely use this company. The breakfast and lunch were great and we learned a lot, but the best part was the personalities of the guides. We had several guides, all of whom took great care of us, and wanted us to learn about their country. One of the guides went along in his kayak taking pictures which we purchased on a CD at the end of the trip. This was one of our favorite days in Costa Rica thanks to Amigos Del Rio.