“Best decision of our trip”
Review of Amigos Del Rio

Amigos Del Rio
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Amigos del RioSafe, Unique, Reliable and Intense Adventures in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica!White Water Rafting in Costa Rica or Kayaking along the Manuel Antonio's coast will make your Costa Rica family vacation unforgettable! Enjoy all the water sports that Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica has to offer you. From world class whitewater rafting at just 30 minutes from the famous Manuel Antonio National Park, in Savegre and Naranjo rivers to Ocean Kayaking along the beautiful Quepos coast line or Mangrove Kayaking at the Damas Island estuary, we will provide you with safe and unique fun, cause we love what we do. Please browse through our site and let us know in which way we can help you enjoy your stay in our beautiful Costa Rica.Pura vida, and see you on the water!The Amigos del Rio Team
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We weren't originally planning on going rafting, but the day before we went, we were on a zipline tour and the group we were with convinced us that we needed to go and that we should choose Amigos Del Rio. My husband and I have both been rafting in the US before, and can both say that ADR provided a 5-star experience, above and beyond what we experienced at home, rafting on fantastic white water rafting rivers in West Virginia and Idaho. That's saying something! The guides hopped off the bus a few times on the ride up to pick local flora and tell us the medicinal/culinary/decorative purposes they are used for (so cool), and then showed us an amazing time on the water itself. They are incredibly knowledable, have a ton of fun while being completely safe at the same time, and it is clear that they are 110% invested in giving you a great experience. Would recommend to anyone!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We did the adventure park tour with ADR and had, hands down, the best day of our vacation in Costa Rica! This trip is not for pansies...the hummer drive up the mountain was an adventure in itself, but our driver knew what he was doing. My husband helped shovel mud, tighten tire chains, and throw rock. If you want a real Costa Rican experience, this is definitely it! The tour was so much fun and we knew we were in good hands with these guys. Lunch was amazing and, you could tell, cooked with love - not only was she cooking for us, but for her son, nephew and husband who had all been on the tour with us! Our main guide was passionate, knowledgeable, and an all-around good dude who even convinced me to eat a leaf that's often used for stomach aches! Not sure I'd recommend that part, but everything else comes highly recommended, including the picture CD that we will cherish! And at the end of this perfect day I was given a beautiful flower from one guide and an origami grasshopper made by another guide from a leaf. Pura vida!!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This tour was awesome. Actually, minus the Manuel Antonio park tour, it was the only tour we took.
The staff is amazing.
Breakfast was available but we didn't know that and had already eaten.
On the way to the river our caravan stopped a few times. The guides jumped out and brought us local flora to smell, touch and play with. They were very informative about the area on the way to the river.
We stopped at a commune (I believe) and I finally got to see a Toucan!!
As for the river tour....it was great. We had Flippy and contrary to his name, we did no flipping. A few of the other boats flipped. Some on purpose, some not.
The river itself is lovely.
Beautiful scenery and good rapids.
The photographer did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend buying the CD. There are easily 50 pictures of our boat and some really good action shots.
Top notch opperation.
Keep up the good work!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We did the 3/4 day rafting tour on the Savegre River and had an amazing time. The day started with breakfast at ADR, followed by an educational and entertaining bus ride. The guides were very knowledgeable and took the time to show us some of the natural wonders of Costa Rica. On the river our guide Flipy was fantastic and made sure we had a great time. We stopped at a beautiful waterfall and again for lunch. This tour was so much fun and a perfect way to experience Costa Rica. I would highly recommend Amigos del Rio for rafting and Flipy as a guide. I will definitely do this excursion again the next time I am in Manuel Antonio!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The tour is awesome and the guides make it even better, they explain you things of the nature during the trip while you are on the way to the river, the staff is just great, they really know what they are doing, they know the rivers really well so they know when you can swim in the river, we even surf on 2 of the rapids!! I really recommend them for any of they tours they offer!!