“Costa Rica is not complete with-out this trip!!!”
Review of Amigos Del Rio

Amigos Del Rio
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Amigos del RioSafe, Unique, Reliable and Intense Adventures in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica!White Water Rafting in Costa Rica or Kayaking along the Manuel Antonio's coast will make your Costa Rica family vacation unforgettable! Enjoy all the water sports that Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica has to offer you. From world class whitewater rafting at just 30 minutes from the famous Manuel Antonio National Park, in Savegre and Naranjo rivers to Ocean Kayaking along the beautiful Quepos coast line or Mangrove Kayaking at the Damas Island estuary, we will provide you with safe and unique fun, cause we love what we do. Please browse through our site and let us know in which way we can help you enjoy your stay in our beautiful Costa Rica.Pura vida, and see you on the water!The Amigos del Rio Team
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I recently participated in the 10 in 1 adventure tour with Amigos Del Rio and it was the best activity I did while in Costa Rica. The entire team of guides were great. Alvaro, our team leader, was an amazing tour guide; fun, energetic, knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. He fostered a sense of teamwork and inclusion from the beginning by stating things like "On this trip we are a team, we don't extend one hand, we extend two. We don't leave anybody behind." The tour itself is incredible and includes tremendous variety in the activities. My personal favorites were riding the hummer truck up the mountain, and the waterfall zipline. I highly recommend this tour and plan on doing it myself next time I am in Costa Rica!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family (me, wife, 2 teenage boys) went river rafting on the Savegre with Amigos Del Rio. Our guides, Roberto and Johann, were excellent. They were personable, knowledgeable, and safety-conscious. They took the time to point out wildfile and explain interesting facts about the Savegre and Costa Rica.

The river-rafting trip had the possibility of being horrible, due to the other group that we ended up joining for our day on the river. This other group was a collection (7 or 8 of them) of young adults (20's, 30's), who started the morning (7am) drinking beer, smoking pot, swearing loudly, and generally displaying highly inappropriate behavior. Given that Amigos Del Rio is billed as being "family oriented" I was quite concerned. The last thing I wanted was to hang around this group of un-desirables (I could use a stronger word, but will choose not to) and having my family constantly exposed to their behaviors.

The day was saved by the quick thinking of our guides. They quickly recognized the situation and essentially split us off from this other group (my family in one boat and the other group in another boat). The guide in our boat, Johann, worked very hard to ensure we had a great trip and fun time on the river.

To top it off, I received an email the next day from the owner of the company with a very sincere and heartfelt apology. (He really didn't need to do this as it wasn't his fault that this other group of patrons were such idiots). That being said, I appreciated the personal touch.

I will certainly recommend Amigos Del Rio. They show a fantastic customer-service attitude and comprehensive knowledge of rafting and Costa Rica. Plus the day included lunch and breakfast, both of which were excellent.

1  Thank travelfam201126
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Amigos Del Rio was an absolutely fabulous white water rafting experience. The guides were so friendly and funny and we felt safe the entire time. They taught us about the local food, culture and landscape as well as ensured we were always laughing and comfortable while rafting. The guides speak fluent and perfect English as well as Spanish which is hard to find in Quepos. I would reccomend this company to all tourists!!!!

1  Thank Laura L
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for an adventure company to take you rafting around Manuel Antonio look no further. This company provides knowledgable guides who are experienced, fun and personable. It was a bit of a drive to get to the head of the river, but our guide, Roberto, filled the trip with interesting pieces of information about the country, the wildlife and the fauna. The rafting part of the trip was exhilarating, but the presence of the experienced guides made me feel safe and secure.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Roberto was a wonderful guide and a lot of fun. My husband, our daughter, and I were the only ones in our raft and it was quite amusing for all to make me scream as we soared through the rapids. All of the guides on our bus were very nice, knowledgeable about the area, shared information about their customs, etc. They served us a delicious "Costa Rican" lunch. I have been rafting in WA and CO, and this was the best so far! Thank you ADR for an awesome day! We will return and hope Roberto will still be there and take us again!