“Highlight of our trip (10 in 1 adventure)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amigos Del Rio

Amigos Del Rio
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Amigos del RioSafe, Unique, Reliable and Intense Adventures in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica!White Water Rafting in Costa Rica or Kayaking along the Manuel Antonio's coast will make your Costa Rica family vacation unforgettable! Enjoy all the water sports that Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica has to offer you. From world class whitewater rafting at just 30 minutes from the famous Manuel Antonio National Park, in Savegre and Naranjo rivers to Ocean Kayaking along the beautiful Quepos coast line or Mangrove Kayaking at the Damas Island estuary, we will provide you with safe and unique fun, cause we love what we do. Please browse through our site and let us know in which way we can help you enjoy your stay in our beautiful Costa Rica.Pura vida, and see you on the water!The Amigos del Rio Team
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our trip (10 in 1 adventure)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had the time of our life on the 10 in 1 adventure and it was the best part of our 2 week vacation in Costa rica. We enjoyed all the activities (tarzan swing, rapelling, zip lining, free fall) and it was so much fun. Our 6 year old did most of the activities by himself, including the free fall. We felt completely safe during all the activites and the guides were awesome and very helpful. They were very helpful with our 6 year old. I also got to stand under the water falls and swim in the lake, which felt exhilarating. Definitely a must-do if you are staying in the Manuel Antonio area.

New York City, New York
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family spent the past week in Manuel Antonio and the rafting trip with Amigos Del Rio was the first activity of our vacation. The trip was fantastic and the guides were extremely knowledgable and friendly and it was apparent how happy they were to be on this adventure with us. Diego especially was extremely helpful and friendly and made us feel comfortable and safe. The scenery was unbelievably beautiful and the tour guides educated us on the local environment throughout the excursion. The homemade, fresh meal at the end was the perfect way to end the tour. My family and I would HIGHLY recommend Amigos Del Rio to people of all ages.

Iowa City, Iowa
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best adventure around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I cannot say enough good stuff about ADR. They were great in every aspect of this adventure. The adventures do not come better then this. I am afraid of heights and was wary of going on their trip, however their safety was top notch and I was never concerned. The guides were quite nice as well. They were so happy and helpful! I wish I could write on about the wonderful experience, if you come to Costa Rica and miss this opportunity I am sorry you have missed the best part. We went the adventure with Alvaro,Gustavo,Johan,Antonio and Firlander. I felt as if I was family with these men as I explored the jungle with them. There is not enough justice done in writing to the safe and fun day long excursion we as a family had. Thank you so much to ADR!!

st croix
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“100% Pure Adrenaline!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Amigos were great every step of the way. They put a priority on safety at all times. We loaded up the van and were brought almost right to the river bank. Upon arrival they gave us detailed instructions and our gear including good quality helmets, rafts and life vests. They then had each of one of get into a small rapids section and made sure we understood how to float with the current to avoid trouble.
After that, non stop action! Rapid after rapid, shoots, drop offs, waterfalls!! This river had it all. It was incredible to be surrounded by some of the most lush landscape in the world while hurtling down such a mean river.. Truly awe inspiring.
They also had a guy kayaking who shot incredible photos. The guides were all fun, cool guys who were also having a great time.
At the end, we were fed a nice homemade costa rican lunch and departed. We were all disappointed, it was our last day and wanted to do this again!!
A huge thanks to Amigos del Rios!!! I will be back!!!

Memphis, Tennessee
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Adventure of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We did the 10 in 1 adventure tour, which is $130 per person and lasts about 7 hours. It includes transportation and lunch also. The ride up the mountain in a military vehicle was so exciting, beautiful, and breath taking! The tour begins with great instructions regarding safety, and then the day is spent zplining, rapelling, canyoning, and swimming in clear rivers and waterfalls! Photos can be purchased on disc following the tour! One free fall rappel is 100 ftte, and the longest zip line is 180 feet. the swinging over the canyon with a bubbling creek below was one of the highlights, as was the cold, clear, and pristine river for swimming! This tour is for the at least moderately physcially fit. It is hot and humid in the rain forest, and there is some steep terrain and lots of hiking. The lunch after the tour is authentic Costa Rican rice, beans, vegetables, juice, and hot coffee. The lunch was fabulous! I highly recommend the tour!

1 Thank carlaroseberry