“AMAZING ADVENTURE WITH "FLIPPY"”
Review of Amigos Del Rio

Amigos Del Rio
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Amigos del RioSafe, Unique, Reliable and Intense Adventures in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica!White Water Rafting in Costa Rica or Kayaking along the Manuel Antonio's coast will make your Costa Rica family vacation unforgettable! Enjoy all the water sports that Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica has to offer you. From world class whitewater rafting at just 30 minutes from the famous Manuel Antonio National Park, in Savegre and Naranjo rivers to Ocean Kayaking along the beautiful Quepos coast line or Mangrove Kayaking at the Damas Island estuary, we will provide you with safe and unique fun, cause we love what we do. Please browse through our site and let us know in which way we can help you enjoy your stay in our beautiful Costa Rica.Pura vida, and see you on the water!The Amigos del Rio Team
Reviewed July 15, 2012

i know the task of choosing which tour company to go with out of the country can be a little daunting. amigos del rio staff were all amazing. My husband and i actually booked the trip due to hearing fantastic things about a specific tour guide named "flippy". Although my husband was all about his nick name i was semi-terrified. Our actual guide ended up just by chance being "flippy". I thought at that point it was fate. I told him from the start that i was scared and didn't want to find out how he got his nick name. He brushed me off with a laugh. The tour was amazing. He was so fun and informative about animals, plants and costa rica in general. He sat me in the back next to him and at some point i was 80% overboard when he pulled me back in the raft. He was a perfect blend of chaos and safety. Thank you so much for the ride of our lives!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

WOW this was soooo much fun. Go during the rainy season, way better water rapids.
We had Romaine and Fabian as guides. Fabian is knowledgeable about the area flora and fauna and Romaine gave us the best ride down the SAVEGRE RIVER. I flipped out over some great rapids and he quickly grabbed me and pulled me right back in. I have been down this river before in the dry season and it is a bore. Go in July or during their rainy season. This was a blast.
The lunch was delicious and they introduced me to their Lizano sauce. Yummy. I already picked some up from a local store and ordered some through Amazon for gifts.
The photographer was superb. Caught spectacular pictures of us and even caught me going over.
This company has a great group of guys that all work well together.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I cannot say enough about how great our white water rafting trip was with Amigos del Rio. This is definitely a must do. Fabian and all the other guides went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, safe, and informed. The very reasonable price includes breakfast, transportation to and from the river, two hours on the water with a stop at a waterfall, and a delicious home-cooked lunch. A huge bonus was all the interesting information about Costa Rican wildlife and agriculture...it was even better than the guided tour we took in the National Park.

Even though safety is there first priority, our guide Fabian went out of his way to make sure we had a lot of fun! We spent a week in Costa Rica, and did many different excursions, yet this was by far our favorite.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I want to thank Fabian and his staff for doing all you guys did to put our rafting trip together at the last minute late in the morning. To whomever's looking at this review I'd like to say that Costa Rica has many places to go white water rafting. I'd say as far as a staff and knowledge of the area, river and widelife around, I don't think anyone knows as much and is willing to share what he knows more than Fabian. I know that Fabian is the son of the owner or him and his dad are partners in which ADR adventure park is his dads buisiness and Amigo del Rio is Fabians. Really it doesnt matter, both were had with an amazing time.

We got to there location late which is right on the main road in Manuel Antonio. We had no reservations and it was our last day in Costa Rica. It was raining and we had nothing else to do so I figured, lets go white water rafting, were going to get wet anyway!!! Well after making tons of phone calls and trying to find a crew to go out with us late, Fabian decided he was going to take us himself with a saftyman (kayaker in the water) besides us on the raft. We took about a 50 minute drive to where the river run begins. I did the lower class river because I was there with my family and one of my kids is 8. I didn't want anything to crazy like class 4 or 5's. I've done that in Costa Rica alone, it was not my intentions on this trip. Not to say that these guys don't offer that, because they do but it wasn't my experince with them. We passed by a little village where they were having a food festival and it seemed like a great place to eat afterwards. I asked Fabian if we can make that stop on the way back and I told him that I would treat and he said, sure. Well when we got back he kept his word, we walked around with the locals at the festival, ate dinner and he didn't let me buy him a drink or food... Class Act...

Well Fabian gave us our safty speech and into the water!!! WE had a great time. I'd say after an hour or so we stopped at a waterfall, got out of our rafts and took pictures and swam at the foot of the falls. He showed us some hugh catepillars and some plants that would actually close up when you touch there leaves. Cool stuff. We had some water and pineapple, rested a bit and down the river for another hour or so. Every inch of the time we'd see something or someone fishing or an animal he would spot them out. I don't know how he can spot the things he did. We were in the middle of the river and he spotted a lizard. Now this thing was maybe 5 inches big. Thats it, well he said keep a good look at this, Im going to make it move. He pulled the raft over to the ground where it was, nudged it with a stick and this thing walked across the water as if was Jesus Christ.. That was so cool seeing something able to walk on water!!!!

WEll as I said we stopped and ate at the little town and went back to the base in manuel antonio.
I forgot to mention, before we left we had an amazing lunch. It was rice with beans with an awesome chicken with some kind of creamy cheesy sauce that was out of this world. It was my wifes and kids favorite mean the entire week we were there. Go figure the best food we had and we ate at some fancy places was a free meal at a white water rafting trip.

I wish Fabian and his father all the sucess in the world. If you ever in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, hit me up and I will gladly take you out on the town. God Bless!!!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have had a lot of adventure experiences is the United States including rapelling, canyoneering, white water rafting and much more, and ADR Adventure Park was outstanding in many ways. Ramirez and Alvaro were extremely safety conscious while encouraging each of us to have fun and experience the challenges. We had a fast-paced day filled with extreme beauty and great physical challenges. Although our group had about 15 people, there were 6 guides keeping us safe and making sure we were challenged and having fun. It ranks among our very top adventures. We would definitely recommend this company to other adventure seekers.