“Parasailing at it's best”

Aguas Azules Parasailing & Watersports Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Aguas Azules is your ultimate source for adventure and fun at Manuel Antonio Beach. Relax knowing you are in experienced and secure hands as you Parasail either right off the beach or from our new parasailing platform winch boat and soar 600 feet above the Pacific Ocean enjoying a bird's eye view of the Manuel Antonio Coastline. We also offer you the chance to: bounce and jump along the Pacific in our Banana Boat, race through the ocean on one of our brand new Wave Runners, test your stamina as you Waterski or Wakeboard around the Park, swim with the fish on one of our Snorkeling Tours, experience world class fishing on our Fishing Tour, take in the stunning sunset on our private Sunset Tour or learn to surf with one of our knowledgeable local surf instructors. Come make awesome vaction memories with Aguas Azules! Note: Please be sure look for the Aguas Azules logo on our tent and employees' uniforms to make sure you're in the right place.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My only regret is that we didn't discover this treasure sooner. This was one of those last minute tours that we took and will, without a doubt, rank as the best experience of our vacation. I loved it so much I went twice. Because of my enthusiasm, my 69 year old sister who is petrified of heights, considered trying it. After she spoke with the owners, Miguel and Melanie,she felt safe enough to try it. My daughter, saw how much I loved it and decided to she would go as well.
The parasailing itself was breathtaking and as Miguel referred to it a "forced zen", but what truly impressed me was their ability to tailor the adventure to our individual needs. Knowing my sister's fear they went above and beyond to help her feel more at ease. They were ALWAYS truthful. They wouldn't take us up until they felt the wind velocity was safe, they even considered giving my sister their Walkie- Talkie if she wanted it. They took their time in answering any of her questions and never onced pressured or coerced her to try this experience. She Loved It !!!
What Marie (my sister) didn't know was that the whole time she was in the air, Miguel was on his walkie, talking to boat driver to make sure she was ok. The "landing crew" was amazing. You land into the water and I swear these guys were there to assist immediately. Obviously they know their stuff.
My sister's fear of heights was enough to stop anyone from trying this, but the fact that one member of our party got badly injured (broke her foot/ankle in four places and had to fly back to the US) while zip lining, added to her anxiety. These guys are the real deal, they love what they do, it is not just a job to them. We were lucky to have stumbled onto them. If you get a chance ... look them up and go for it. You love it.

2  Thank Pam C
Aguas A, Owner at Aguas Azules Parasailing & Watersports Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Pam C.,
Thank you so much for all of your kind words. We really enjoyed meeting you and your family and truly loved seeing your sister work up the courage to fly with us and then enjoy the flight so much! It was such a joy to see how happy flying made her and the rest of you! It's customers like you that make us love our job as much as we do!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My extended family just returned from a week in Costa Rica--our first trip to Manuel Antonio. How lucky to find Aguas Azules and Melanie and Miguel. Like Rhonda E., they were recommended by our hotel and I couldn't be happier. My older son wanted to try parasailing, and convinced my younger to join him. Both teenagers were anxious to appear confident, but were a tad fearful underneath. Melanie was so great with them: knowledgeable, efficient, friendly and calm. She put them at ease without letting on at all that they might have some butterflies in their stomachs. Before I knew it, they were rising gracefully into the air. What a wonderful experience!! We plan to return someday for the fishing and snorkeling tours (which A.A. also provide). Professional and friendly.

1  Thank Lily K

Hello Lily K, Thank you so much for all of your kind words. It was a real pleasure to meet you and your boys and to see how much fun they had parasailing with us. Our top priorities are always your enjoyment and safety and we strive to maximize both of these aspects for each and every one of our customers. We are so proud to have surpassed these goals with you and look forward to seeing you again here in Manuel Antonio!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Aguas Azules is truly the best on the beach at Manuel Antonio. The owners, Melanie and Miguel, are the kind of people you only have to meet once to consider them as friends. Whatever you want to do, they have it, including jet skis, banana boat, surfboards & lessons, etc. But they specialize in PARASAILING! At Aguas Azules, it costs about the same as a zip line, but is about a THOUSAND TIMES more fun and exciting. The crew at Aguas Azules are friendly, laid-back, and professional. Along with fun, SAFETY is their top priority, something you will notice immediately. If you want rent a surfboard or boogie board, Aguas Azules has the lowest rental prices on the beach! Even if you just need advice, like which restaurants have the best food for the best price, the people at Aguas Azules will gladly give you inside information that only locals know, AND they all SPEAK ENGLISH. Pura Vida!

1  Thank David P
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I live in San Jose, CR but often make quick pleasure and business trips to Manuel Antonio. About a year ago, I discovered Aguas Azules on the beach and now I always try to make it by when I'm in the area. I had never been parasailing before and was a bit nervous, but the staff at Aguas Azules put me immediately at ease. Melanie explained how everything worked, Miguel hooked me up, and in minutes I was floating above the Pacific Ocean in awe of the breath-taking views, both coastline and sea! The flight was so peaceful and quiet; the perfect escape. The landing was surprisingly gentle and easy and as I swam back to the beach, I was sure that would not be my last time parasailing! Since then, I've gone 2 more times (once with a friend and another by myself). Each flight has been amazing and memorable and that amazing relaxed feeling lasts the rest of the day. Also, my friends took surf lessons and went out on the banana boat with Aguas Azules. The surf was awesome and the instructor was super patient and gave great instruction in English; huge bonus when your Spanish isn't perfect.:) And, of course, the banana boat was a blast. If you're going to be in MA, I highly recommend contacting Aguas Azules for a great time at the beach!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

During our family trip to Manuel Antonio last spring, we were looking for activities that my whole family (husband,me, 3 kids 16, 12, 12) could do together. We found a great option with Aguas Azules. We first met Melanie & Miguel when our hotel recommended them for parasailing. Our hotel was very specific that we should only go with Aguas Azules because of their perfect safety record and many years of experience. We are so glad we listened -- all five of us absolutely loved parasailing. Although, we were a little nervous at the beginning, Melanie put us at ease immediately by explaining exactly how everything worked. My husband and I went first. We got harnessed up and the next thing I knew, we were soaring through the sky enjoying unbelievable views of the coast and the Pacific. We enjoyed every minute of the flight and then returned to the beach just in time to see the kids go up! The kids loved it too and say this was their favorite excursion out of everything we did in CR. We loved the parasailing so much and felt so comfortable with Aguas Azules, we decided to go ahead and plan a snorkeling trip with them too. They arranged for a private trip just for my family -- wonderful! I highly recommend this company for all of your water activities in Manuel Antonio. I ended up corresponding with Melanie after about about the pictures we ordered and she was very responsive and accommodating, so you should consider writing ahead of time for information and arrangements!