“SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN HEAVEN....”
Featured in Su Casa magazine Nestled in the Trees Overlooking the Pacific
Hiking Trails
Sunset at the Tulemar Beach
Mom and baby Sloth
Tulemar beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
George G
Granada Hills
“SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN HEAVEN....”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

You know how it is when you see incredible photos of a property and the real thing doesn't approach the photos? Well, this is just the opposite. As good as the many pictures were, we weren't prepared for the spectacular house that was our home for one week. From the moment we entered the front door, we were very, very impressed. The materials including floors, doors, furniture, appliances, etc. were all top drawer.
The views.....incomparable! The concierge, Diego Morales, made the trip. He was there when you needed him to arrange day trips, make restaurant reservations, provide transportation, etc. He was always available and always had a big smile.
Tulemar is a wonderful, safe and secluded setting on a private beach. There's even food and umbrella service at the beach. Bottom line is that it's one of the best vacations our family every spent. It was just much too brief. Two families went to Costa Rica together, 4 adults and 3 teen age kids. There was plenty of room for all and everyone can't wait to return.

Liked best: Everything
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Castle on a cloud”
Reviewed July 23, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

A friend and I had the luxury to stay at Casa Las Nubes for a few nights back in April. I had spent a few nights other places in Costa Rica, but I hadn't truly experienced Costa Rica as it should be until I arrived at Casa Las Nubes!

Greeted by a pool, I stepped on the stone islands one by one until i reached the front door. When it opened, a sound of utter amazement escaped my lips! An infinity pool to the ocean begged me to jump in before I even looked at the rest of the house. Pool side and pina colada in hand, I took this luxurious place in. The pictures give you a hint, but being smack dab in the middle of it all is surreal.

Diego, the house manager, was infinitely helpful and made this place my home away from home. The cleaning staff was never seen, but somehow polished this place a few times a day! The local resource book Howard and Leah (owners) had compiled helped us make our activity decisions: Rafiki river rafting and lodge (best experience in costa rica!), Jungle safari, massage from massage Todd, every suggestion in this book was brilliant. Leah and Howard clearly knew all the locals and had picked out the best of the best for their guests.

If you're trying to decide where to stay in Costa Rica, make it Casa Las Nubes in Manuel Antonio. They call it House in the Clouds, but for me, it was Cosette's dream realized; a Castle on a Cloud!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The sunsets in the infinity pool
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 22, 2012
Thanks, Cosette, for taking the time to post a review and sharing the details of your stay.....we loved having you with us and hope to see you back again!

Casa las Nubes / Tulemar
Steve S
Seattle, Washington
“An Amazing Adventure”
Reviewed May 13, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

My friend and I went to Casa Las Nubes for a week get-away and to escape the dreary overcast of Seattle. We were not disappointed. The photos and descriptions on the website are amazing, but cannot capture the shear beauty of this place. Whether I was watching the sunset from the infinity pool in the living room or playing in the waves at the private beach there was always some natural wonder to experience.

There were plenty of activities to do in the surrounding area too. By far the best though was the Rafiki Lodge river rafting tour. Going down the river there with class 3-4 (I think) rapids was exciting but not difficult. The guides were great. About half way thought the trip we stopped on a bank and hiked up a hill to a waterfall where we did a little cliff jumping into the lagoon below (only like 20 feet).

I think all together we did around 9 different activities in the week that we were there (surfing, snorkeling, kayaking, zip-lining, river rafting, a rain forest tour, hiking, yoga lessons, and an in house massage) so we had plenty to do. The house manager Diego was a great host as well; he set up all of our activities and took care of anything else we needed.

It’s hard to adequately describe this place in words. I had read the reviews and seen the photos before the trip so I had fairly high expectations and I was still completely blown away when I got there and actually experienced everything. I will definitely be going back!

Traveling group: With Friends
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
May 12, 2012
Thanks for wonderful remarks about Casa Las Nubes; we're so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Diego, your personal concierge, really does make the trip special, handling all of the details for you. Since we are located in Tulemar, you have the use of our own beach, hiking trails and lots of wildlife visits. We hope to see you back again soon!

shelly255...
Billings, Montana
“Better than we ever could have hoped for!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

A group of us went to Costa Rica for my son's wedding, so as the group grew, we had to lease two casas. Some of our group was in The Garden House, which was nice. The rest of us were in Casa Las Nubes, and that is the casa I will speak of. From the moment we arrived, until the shuttle picked us up to go back to San Jose airport, our property manager, Diego, and concierge, Bill could not have been more helpful! (Before our arrival, Vanessa also helped us tremendously through emails.) By the end of our stay, we wanted to take them all home with us!
The property looks special on the website, but all of us were in awe of it when we got there. Absolutely beautiful, from the pool to the bedrooms, to the views!! We enjoyed the monkeys who visited daily, and there was lots of bird watching to be done. It was nice to have the private beach to spend time at, along with some really good eating places within walking distance (if you don't mind hills).
The wedding was performed on the private beach at sunset, and could not have been more perfect.
We are all planning our next trip to this great location. People ask me what I liked best, and I'd have to say being in the pool at sunset with a glass of wine, along with meeting our new friends, Diego, Vanessa, and Bill.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway Large groups
Feb 5, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of Casa Las Nubes! We enjoyed having your friends and family with us for the wedding and hope to see you with us again!

VA
Reviewed January 12, 2012 for a stay in January 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Jan 12, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Casa las Nubes. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you back with us again....

Casa las Nubes
FL
Reviewed September 20, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
Sep 20, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to post the review on Casa las Nubes! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I think you've done a great job conveying the true ambiance of the villa. Add to that Diego and Chris, your personal concierge and private chef, and the picture is complete, just don't forget the monkeys! We hope to see you back again soon!

Jacksonville Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to respond.....especially after your wedding/honeymoon......we really enjoyed hosting your family and friends......you were wonderful guests and congratulations again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing