“An Amazing Adventure”
Hiking Trails
Sunset at the Tulemar Beach
Mom and baby Sloth
Tulemar beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Seattle, Washington
“An Amazing Adventure”
Reviewed May 13, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

My friend and I went to Casa Las Nubes for a week get-away and to escape the dreary overcast of Seattle. We were not disappointed. The photos and descriptions on the website are amazing, but cannot capture the shear beauty of this place. Whether I was watching the sunset from the infinity pool in the living room or playing in the waves at the private beach there was always some natural wonder to experience.

There were plenty of activities to do in the surrounding area too. By far the best though was the Rafiki Lodge river rafting tour. Going down the river there with class 3-4 (I think) rapids was exciting but not difficult. The guides were great. About half way thought the trip we stopped on a bank and hiked up a hill to a waterfall where we did a little cliff jumping into the lagoon below (only like 20 feet).

I think all together we did around 9 different activities in the week that we were there (surfing, snorkeling, kayaking, zip-lining, river rafting, a rain forest tour, hiking, yoga lessons, and an in house massage) so we had plenty to do. The house manager Diego was a great host as well; he set up all of our activities and took care of anything else we needed.

It’s hard to adequately describe this place in words. I had read the reviews and seen the photos before the trip so I had fairly high expectations and I was still completely blown away when I got there and actually experienced everything. I will definitely be going back!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
May 12, 2012
Thanks for wonderful remarks about Casa Las Nubes; we're so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Diego, your personal concierge, really does make the trip special, handling all of the details for you. Since we are located in Tulemar, you have the use of our own beach, hiking trails and lots of wildlife visits. We hope to see you back again soon!

shelly255...
Billings, Montana
“Better than we ever could have hoped for!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012 for a stay in January 2012
person found this review helpful

A group of us went to Costa Rica for my son's wedding, so as the group grew, we had to lease two casas. Some of our group was in The Garden House, which was nice. The rest of us were in Casa Las Nubes, and that is the casa I will speak of. From the moment we arrived, until the shuttle picked us up to go back to San Jose airport, our property manager, Diego, and concierge, Bill could not have been more helpful! (Before our arrival, Vanessa also helped us tremendously through emails.) By the end of our stay, we wanted to take them all home with us!
The property looks special on the website, but all of us were in awe of it when we got there. Absolutely beautiful, from the pool to the bedrooms, to the views!! We enjoyed the monkeys who visited daily, and there was lots of bird watching to be done. It was nice to have the private beach to spend time at, along with some really good eating places within walking distance (if you don't mind hills).
The wedding was performed on the private beach at sunset, and could not have been more perfect.
We are all planning our next trip to this great location. People ask me what I liked best, and I'd have to say being in the pool at sunset with a glass of wine, along with meeting our new friends, Diego, Vanessa, and Bill.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Feb 5, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of Casa Las Nubes! We enjoyed having your friends and family with us for the wedding and hope to see you with us again!

VA
Reviewed January 12, 2012 for a stay in January 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Jan 12, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post a review on Casa las Nubes. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you back with us again....

Casa las Nubes
FL
Reviewed September 20, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
Sep 20, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to post the review on Casa las Nubes! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I think you've done a great job conveying the true ambiance of the villa. Add to that Diego and Chris, your personal concierge and private chef, and the picture is complete, just don't forget the monkeys! We hope to see you back again soon!

Jacksonville Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Mar 23, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to respond.....especially after your wedding/honeymoon......we really enjoyed hosting your family and friends......you were wonderful guests and congratulations again!
La
Reviewed July 27, 2010 for a stay in February 2010

Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: It's uniqueness, beauty and overall accommodation.
Liked least: Inability to totally cool the living room, but hey, you're in CR
Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
Jul 27, 2010
Thanks, Claire....we enjoyed having your family with us.....we look forward to your return trip to Tulemar!
Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2010 for a stay in April 2010

Liked best: Open air layout
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
May 17, 2010
Thanks for the great comments....Diego is wonderful and loves to spoil our guests!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$650
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing