First, this really isn't a typical Bed & Breakfast. However, the breakfast was more than adequate with fresh pineapple, papaya and other fruits in addition to toast, and a type of pound cake.
The hotel is about 60 yards to a semi-private driveway that leads down to the north end of the beach. It's also about a 250 yard walk to the "downtown" portion of Manuel Antonio, where there are several restaurants and shops. It's only another 250 yard walk to the entrance to the Manuel Antonio park. (which if you're scared about walking, you don't need to visit this park anyhow.)
While here, we could hear howler monkeys in the distance during the morning, and one morning, we had a family of squirrel monkeys come behind the hotel and feast on the mango tree. But, the absolute best wildlife was, after searching all day in the park for a sloth, a 3-toed sloth appeared outside our room one evening. Very Awesome!
Also, the bathrooms were beautiful, spacious and immaculate.
There were really only two negatives to this property.
1. The lack of soundproofing in the rooms. One wall is almost entirely glass, which allows you to hear all the wildlife in the morning... but it also allows you to hear the buses on the road.
2. The television was FAR too loud. Even if putting the TV on the lowest volume, it was incredibly loud.
If you reserve a room here, don't opt for the King room next to the office. It's too close to the road. Instead, pick one of the rooms further from the road.
For the money this was one of the best properties we stayed at during our entire vacation to Costa Rica and Panama!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small hotel with 12 rooms featuring tropical murals. Just a 2 minute walk to the beach and a 15 minute walk to the Manuel Antonio National Park. Our proximity to the National Park, Pacific Ocean, and the lush jungle that surrounds us make our hotel a perfect daily visit for the three different species of monkeys in the area, including the Titi (Spider), White face, and Howler monkeys. We offer free buffet-style breakfast, WiFi, private parking with surveillance, 24 hour access to reception, daily room cleaning, and laundry services. All of our rooms are equipped with a refrigerator, cable TV, air conditioning, ceiling fan, safe box, hot water, bathroom set, and towels. Additionally, the studio room comes with kitchen appliances. A 5 minute walk from our hotel you have restaurants, supermarkets, shops and other recreational areas. Manuel Antonio offers a large variety of activities and tours for people of all fitness levels and ages, including wildlife viewing, white water rafting, zip-lines, countless water sports, horseback riding, fishing, among many other excursions for you to enjoy. We are more than happy to help with booking any tours or activities of your preference, as well as make transportation arrangements. Welcome to Jungle Beach Hotel, an ideal resting place between the tropical jungle and the pristine beaches of Costa Rica. Pura Vida! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Jungle Beach Hotel at Manuel Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jungle Beach Hotel At Manuel Antonio Costa Rica