Los Altos appears to be a luxury condo tower that was converted to a hotel. I visited with my family (7 people including small children) and it was perfect for us. The condo is 2,500 sq. ft. and luxurious. The service is very friendly and helpful. The location is close to town and Manuel Antonio Beach and National Park.
However this hotel is not for everyone, some caveats:
- The private beach is not worth the walk (or ride in their golf cart), and there are no facilities down there.
- You need a car. As a home base for a family that wants to explore, it is perfect. However for a couple or two without a car you are paying for things you'll never use, like 3 bathrooms and a real full size kitchen. You are also sacrificing beach access and, in some rooms, ocean views.
Overall we were impressed with Los Altos, just keep in mind that it's more luxury condo than resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bold in presence; playful in personality. Los Altos Resort and Spa is Manuel Antonio's premier laid back luxury boutique resort. The Los Altos aesthetic represents a sensitive integration between tropical authenticity and modern amenities. We offer 28 gorgeous private residences, each boasting a vivid Pacific Ocean view through floor to ceiling windows. Also, for a luxury resort in the heart of Manuel Antonio, our rates are very reasonable. Very reasonable, and you get a lot out of us, which we're happy about. We like to keep things simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Preserve at Los Altos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos Beach Resort And Spa
- Los Altos Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- The Preserve At Los Altos Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio