Los Altos was the perfect backdrop for our destination wedding. After much research, we decided upon Los Altos for our reception and for our wedding guests to stay at and couldn't be happier with the decision. Everything about our stay at Los Altos was amazing and exceeded all expectations.
1) Service: Having worked in hotels/hospitality and knowing the importance and difficulties of good service, I cannot say enough about the high quality of the personalized and attentive service that we (along with our guests) received. Upon checking in, the front desk staff immediately knew who all of the guests in our party were and even our whereabouts. Even though we sometimes couldn't get a hold of people because we didn't have cellphones, they were extremely helpful in connecting us with where other members of our parties might be. On our last night there, we didn't have formal plans for dinner so we simply approached the front desk, who recommended a great restaurant (Kapi Kapi) and was able to immediately book reservations for us, so that in the 5 minutes it took us to walk there, a table was already prepared to accommodate our large party. And for people in our group who weren't immediately aware of our plans, they knew to just talk to the front desk who then directed them to us...such great messaging service!
Of all the outstanding details around their service however, the ultimate in attentiveness that went above and beyond any expectations we had, was the excellent service we received by Georsey (restaurant server). On our first night there, our entire wedding group had happy hour (great 2 for 1deal) and dinner at Karolas, and by the end of it, Georsey knew everyone by name and our drink of choice. During the course of the weekend, if any of us were in the restaurant or passing by, he would greet us by name. We were lucky enough to have him as a server for our wedding reception and again everyone raved about the high level of service and personalized attention he provided.
And of course, our wedding contact for the hotel, Veronique, was amazing with regards to her quick response and attention to my numerous emails, requests, bookings, etc.
2) Accommodations: Having stayed at a number of great hotels throughout the world, this definitely ranks up there as being one of the nicest and by far the largest hotel we've stayed at. During our stay, we were in the penthouse with 6 friends and it was more than enough space for everyone plus had plenty of communal space in the living room, balcony, rooftop, kitchen, etc to entertain wedding guests as they came and went throughout the weekend. The fact that the master bedroom was on a separate floor allowed us to also retreat when we wanted to and offered such a large space for us to lay out all of our wedding stuff.
3) Restaurant: The food and of course the service at the restaurant was excellent. We took advantage of the breakfast that was included (and though it was the same every day) it was still decent. The dinner we had for the reception and first night there though was delicious and many of our guests complimented on the quality of the food.
Overall, I would highly recommend Los Altos if you're looking for extremely personalized/friendly service and spacious, modern accommodations in a beautiful lush jungle setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bold in presence; playful in personality. Los Altos Resort and Spa is Manuel Antonio's premier laid back luxury boutique resort. The Los Altos aesthetic represents a sensitive integration between tropical authenticity and modern amenities. We offer 28 gorgeous private residences, each boasting a vivid Pacific Ocean view through floor to ceiling windows. Also, for a luxury resort in the heart of Manuel Antonio, our rates are very reasonable. Very reasonable, and you get a lot out of us, which we're happy about. We like to keep things simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Preserve at Los Altos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos Beach Resort And Spa
- Los Altos Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- The Preserve At Los Altos Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park