The Los Altos Beach Resort & Spa is paradise found. My girlfriend and I enjoyed our five-day vacation here immensely. It made such an impression on us that we hope to return before the year is out.
Basics: Los Altos staff is friendly, knowledgeable and eager to assist your every whim. The suites are spacious, spotless and tastefully decorated. The balconies offer spectacular views of the jungle and ocean. The pool and hot tub area are perfect for soaking up the Costa Rican sun, getting stuck into the latest E.L. James novel, or enjoying a cocktail.
Eating: The onsite restaurant offers very good food at reasonable prices. The tuna salad is perfection personified, or fishified, if you will. There are many other restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, some casual, some fancy. You might overhear other guests complaining that a few of said local restaurants are overpriced (Kapi Kapi, La Luna) but if you’re from NYC or LA then they’re just regular priced. The Los Altos included breakfast is the perfect way to start each day: choose from a traditional Costa Rican breakfast (eggs with rice & beans), an American breakfast (eggs & sausage), or a fresh omelet, but whatever you decide, be sure to sample some of the fresh tropical fruit. If you’re lucky, you may even see a monkey or two.
Surroundings: The Manuel Antonio area is a hive of outdoor activity. Whether you go horseback riding, scuba diving, or mountain hiking, you’re guaranteed an assault on the senses. The flora and fauna here are as varied as they are unique. Whatever you fill your days doing: be sure to make it back to Los Altos for 2-4-1 happy hour (4-7) so you can watch the sun set over the Pacific while sipping on a pina colada.
The beach is about a ten-fifteen minute walk down a steep trail and not recommended for the elderly, unfit or fat. While reading other reviews here I have noticed a few people get sore about this, and that’s rather like being at Disneyland and complaining that there’s too many men dressed in Mickey Mouse costumes. If you’re vacationing in Manuel Antonio then you’re visiting a naturally mountainous part of the world. Regardless, the hotel staff are more than happy to run you down and pick you up in their golf cart whenever you want.
I was delighted with Los Altos. It offers great value for money, stunningly beautiful surroundings and creates memories that will stay with you forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bold in presence; playful in personality. Los Altos Resort and Spa is Manuel Antonio's premier laid back luxury boutique resort. The Los Altos aesthetic represents a sensitive integration between tropical authenticity and modern amenities. We offer 28 gorgeous private residences, each boasting a vivid Pacific Ocean view through floor to ceiling windows. Also, for a luxury resort in the heart of Manuel Antonio, our rates are very reasonable. Very reasonable, and you get a lot out of us, which we're happy about. We like to keep things simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Preserve at Los Altos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos Beach Resort And Spa
- Los Altos Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- The Preserve At Los Altos Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio