What a wonderful gem; right in the jungle but close to all amenities! We stayed here in January 2013 for 1 week and I really didn't want to leave. The accommodation is superb and the beach is fabulous and serene. Restaurant was acceptable but lots of places to eat nearby. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a lot of wildlife at the resort itself and, whilst we didn't see monkeys swinging through the trees from our balcony, they were monkeys in the rain forest en- route to the beach, another family had seen monkeys playing in the trees as they sat by the pool. There were humming birds and sloths at the resort too (and toucans - but we didn't see any).
I would definitely stay again - best part of our trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bold in presence; playful in personality. Los Altos Resort and Spa is Manuel Antonio's premier laid back luxury boutique resort. The Los Altos aesthetic represents a sensitive integration between tropical authenticity and modern amenities. We offer 28 gorgeous private residences, each boasting a vivid Pacific Ocean view through floor to ceiling windows. Also, for a luxury resort in the heart of Manuel Antonio, our rates are very reasonable. Very reasonable, and you get a lot out of us, which we're happy about. We like to keep things simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Preserve at Los Altos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos Beach Resort And Spa
- Los Altos Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- The Preserve At Los Altos Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park