fishing trip Feb 20-27 . Apartment villa was absolutley amazing, private elevator, huge rooms and the view was amazing. Front desk service was also quick and respectful. The pool and spas couldn't be located in a nicer spot of the mountain side. The private beach makes you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere( watch for the Howler monkeys you will be amazed, don't worry they wont come near you) We saw more wildlife from one of our three balcony's then at the Manuel antonio park... which was very boring until we entered the beach area towards the end of the tour. Food was ok at the Altos and service was super, take a walk 5 min either way and you will find all kinds of neat places to eat or have a few drinks. Cab rides to town are $6 and worth the ride through the montain side. Fishing was great aboard the CaribSea, we chartered for two days. Roberto and Cachi are very professional , This is the only boat that I will charter again and again. we caught everthing from sail fish to mahi mahi. Its worth the money! My advise would be to stay away from (Thebillchaser) a 36ft charter. We tried it and had a bad experience. Wasted a day of our trip aboard the vessel.
If you are landing in San Jose, try to take the domestic flight to Quepos its $80 and saved you three hours of additional travel. Going back next Dec, PURA VIDA!!!!!!!! my friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bold in presence; playful in personality. Los Altos Resort and Spa is Manuel Antonio's premier laid back luxury boutique resort. The Los Altos aesthetic represents a sensitive integration between tropical authenticity and modern amenities. We offer 28 gorgeous private residences, each boasting a vivid Pacific Ocean view through floor to ceiling windows. Also, for a luxury resort in the heart of Manuel Antonio, our rates are very reasonable. Very reasonable, and you get a lot out of us, which we're happy about. We like to keep things simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Preserve at Los Altos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Los Altos Beach Resort And Spa
- The Preserve At Los Altos Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio