“Repeat Customers!”

$95.00*
and up
Savegre River Whitewater Rafting Trip
More attraction details
Owner description: H2O Adventures operates rafting trips in Costa Rica. We are the only company running the Chorro Section Class IV(V) of the Naranjo River(Dec-April)since 2002. The lower Naranjo Class III+ runs from May through December. We also run an excellent family trip on the lower Savegre Class II-III year around and a 2-day trip on the upper Savegre Class IV. We operate kayak trips along Manuel Antonio Coast and in the Damas Island Estuary.We are the franchise, in Manuel Antonio for Rios Tropicales, ranked the #1 Costa Rica Adventure Outfitter and #5 Rafting Company in the World by National Geographic Adventure Online Magazine. Under these same standards, H2O Adventures also offers beyond compare excursions in Guanacaste, Sarapiqui, Arenal Volcano and the Caribbean. All the outfitters are owned and operated by river people, we are growing together in the business by offering a fair price to the best quality activities in Costa Rica.
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Growing up in Montana, I've been white water rafting a number of times and was excited to try it out in Costa Rica. My boyfriend and I did our research and chose H2O to take us rafting outside of Quepos. We arrived at the office, packed up and began our drive to the Savegre River. On the way we drove through lush rainforest and rustic villages. Our van stopped and the guide hopped out to show us the plants that are native to the area. Once we got to the river, they gave us a quick safety lesson and before we knew it we were on the river. H2O's Savegre Trip was one of their easier trips so I didn't expect large, exciting rapids but I was surprised by the river! Halfway through we stopped at a gorgeous waterfall and were able to play underneath it. The guide set up delicious snacks and after replenishing our energy we were back on the river for more adventures. The water on the Savegre was so pristine and clean it was perfect. As the other reviews mentioned, they send along a photographer that takes unbelievable pictures. Plan to buy the CD with the pictures. When 4 of our friends came down to visit us a month and a half later, we knew we had to book H2O again. This time we were able to book the Naranjo River trip with the rougher rapids. Both were memorable experiences we'd love to repeat again and again.

H2OAdventures, Owner at H2O Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your reply. We hope to see you back with us soon!! Your next visit should be between January and April for the Chorro Season Class IV (V)!!!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I cant say enough about how much fun this tour was. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. I highly recommend our tour guide Rambo Tico. He made our rafting experience so much fun as well as making everyone feel safe.I highly recommend this tour.

lewins, Owner at H2O Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for you review. We will make sure Rambo Tico knows about your comments!!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were in MA to get married (so maybe that was the real highlight), but the rafting trip was a close second! We went with some of our guests (about 25 family and friends) and had so much fun!! Our guide, Gray, was awesome - we felt lucky to be in the raft with him and he really made it SO much fun for us. (everyone else enjoyed their guides too, but I really think we had the best!) The Sevegre was exciting enough (we'd wanted the Narango but they switched it b/c rains had made it really slow) and we enjoyed our stop by the waterfall and the rapids. Can't say enough about this trip - so, so much fun. We had done ziplining the day before and if you are trying to choose between the two - pick rafting - so much more exciting!!! My 8 year old nephew had as much fun as my 63 year old mom!

Second best after your wedding? sounds excellent!!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

What a blast for my first time! These guys were awesome, took really good care of us and made us feel safe. I know the rapids weren't great during our trip, but that was probably for the best of us. That's not on the crew. Their English was fantastic, history of the land, and humor was off the chart! Great Job guys.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Our group of 4 rafted the Savegre River (Class II and III) and had a fantastic time. H2O picked us up at our house and took us to their office to load up and head out to the drop spot. Our guide, Romain, was fantastic. He told us things about the local area, gave us some botany lessons and was overall a fun and safe guide. The photographer was awesome also, and was patient with me when practicing my Spanish. Except for three other rafts, we didn't see anyone on the river, it felt like we were by ourselves. The water felt nice and cool on that hot morning. The break by the falls was another hightlight, accompanied by some fresh pineapple and water/tea. The meal on our way home was fantastic. Overall an awesome trip, and the highlight of our week in CR.

The only non-positive thing I can say is that we all wanted to purchase one of their cool tshirts, but all they had was one 3XL and two Smalls.