“Heaven on earth”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

tigger_ki...
Ottawa
“Heaven on earth”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We were there at the end of March to celebrate our wedding with close family and friends, and let me tell you, it was a once in a lifetime experience!

The setting couldn't have been more perfect for our special day. The surroundings, the view, the pool, the food, OMG the food, AND the overall architecture of the house make for such a wonderful stay, we would have stayed for another month!

As all of the previous reviews state, Stephane IS the bomb, and we definitely ALL wanted to take him home with us. We had a few people in our group that were pretty picky, and somehow, they ate fish, satay sauces, curry sauces without even blinking an eye. With the all inclusive format, no need to even think about what you want to eat, you just pick the protein and Stephane will take care of cooking you up a meal worthy of a 5 star restaurant.

Ricky also took care of all of our needs quickly and efficiently, the maids were almost always invisible, and you barely noticed the pool guy when he was there. All in all, one couldn't ask for a better vacation rental, anywhere!

Only a few minor negatives. Yes, the house needs an ice machine, ice cube trays couldn't keep up with out drinking :-) The refrigerator in the bar area also couldn't keep up with everything we had in it, and had to use the cinema and the kitchen one to be able to keep all of our drinks cold. The maids also do the laundry, but might need a lesson in not mixing colors, since a few of of us ended up with pink socks and dresses. Lastly, I realize the house doesn't always have as many guests as we had, but for a house that has a 16 guest capacity, having a table big enough to accommodate everyone would be a definite plus. Except for our wedding dinner, we never all could eat at the same table, since the tables only sit 12. It would have been nice to have a few meals where everyone was sitting together as opposed to scattered all over the main floor, but like I said, minor negative.

So if you are considering renting this villa, and like me, have read every single review you could find, stop reading, and just book it! I guarantee you will not be disappointed, and it is most assuredly worth every penny!!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Michael M
Madison, Mississippi
“Wonderful place to stay, would love to go back!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

I was part of a group of 12(family and friends) at Casa Fantastica just last week. The house was cleaned top to bottom by a wonderful maid service. The house itself is gorgeous, and has a wonderful view of the ocean. Ricky, our host, was very prompt in attending to anything we needed help with. There is plenty to do in the area, and the locals were very friendly and helpful. And last but certainly not least…..Chef Stefan cooked meals for us daily, except a couple of times when we ate out. It was literally some of the best food I've eaten in my life. He was very professional and friendly, and I think I miss the meals more than anything! I would not hesitate to come back for another stay at Casa Fantastica!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
LyaMachad...
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beautiful house”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We rented Casa Fantastica for a corporate event. An awards trip for the top sales people. We were 12. Everyone really enjoyed the house. THe view is outstanding and the design, the details makes this house a very good lodging option in Manuel Antonio. Chef Stefen did a very good job. All the rooms have floor to ceiling windows and either a view to the ocean or to the jungle. The house is clean, no problems with insects, and service was very friendly.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway Large groups
Yugeoj
“Fantastic Home, Great views, Great amenities, Excellent Service from Escape Villas”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

My wife and I and 6 couples stayed in Casa Fantastica.
Excellent home. All the amenities you could expect.
Views are excellent. Housecleaning staff outstanding.
Service from Escape Villas very very good.

Liked best: House, views, amenities
Liked least: Pool was not crystal clear, house needs ice machine,
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Chris S
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous Villa, perfect for family trip”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Everything about Villa Fantastica was truly fantastic--the villa itself with wonderful bedrooms and living spaces, the decks and infinity pool with an incredible view of the ocean, and Chef Stefen along with host Ricky made our stay an amazing experience. Would highly recommend this location for an extended family trip--enough 'private, personal spaces combined with wonderful group and family spaces. Chef Stefen made incredible meals and honored special requests, as well as handled extra shopping needs for our family's babies. Bravo! Maid service also impeccable. TX to all!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: hard to say--all was wonderful: Location, service, personell
Liked least: steep street to reach property, but manageable
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Saskatchewan-southern
Reviewed February 13, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Thomas C
Arroyo Grande, California
“Nicest House I Have Ever Stayed In!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

My wife and 15 or so of her friends had staying in this house a couple years back (when it was probably only three years old). Many of them had such a good time they wanted to come back with their spouses/partners, etc. Lucky Me!

After hearing about how great this place was for almost two years, I can say that I was not disappointed. In fact, the actual place far exceeded my expectations. And my expectations were pretty high.

We had 6 couples and three singles. Two of the singles shared the bedroom with the twin beds. The other single had a bedroom to herself. And every bedroom had its own bathroom. I can't express how important that was for me. That on a couples trip every couple had their own private bed/bath.

Then there was the food. Yummy! I have never had a chef prepare two out of three meals for me every day. What a treat. Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, Pasta, ceviche, banana pancakes, French toast, etc. All fresh from the market every day.

Then there was the maids. They arrived in the late morning and left in the late afternoon. They worked their tails off. They were polite and were always willing to share a smile.

Things to note:
1. Theatre room is awesome. Unfortunately one of our experiences in that room was to watch the 49rs lose in post season. But what a great place to watch it. Very comfortable. BUT, there is a really strong musty smell in the room and it could use a more powerful air conditioner. I understand that this house is in a tropical climate, but the musty smell and heat in that room made it too hard to use for an extended period of time.

2. One of the three bedrooms on same level as the games and theatre room also had a strong musty smell. None of that portion of the house was underground, so I am not sure what the source of the smell was.

Other than those two minor things, this house is off the hook.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Management Response
Jan 29, 2014
Thank you for your review and the notice re: the theatre room. We've since installed a new A/C unit there so guests can be comfortable for movies or watching their favorite team win a big game!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
/ Night
Make Inquiry
Talk to the Manager
1 8776291312
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing