“Very good food with a fine view.”

La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve
Cuisines: Costa Rican, International, Central American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Five Star Hotel Restaurant, La Luna offers a totally relaxed atmosphere, serving mostly Costa Rican gourmet cousine with some international alternatives, in general, with lower prices that other restaurants in the Manuel Antonio - Quepos Area and currently the only Restaurant with a Costa Rican Gourmet Menu. Happy hour offers an array of tapas from 4 to 6 pm offers and a magnificent view of the Ocean, the Mountains with a 360 degree view of the area.
Kalispell, Montana
“Very good food with a fine view.”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We had lovely meal overlooking the bay. I had the Mahi-Mahi which was good but the Panko Seared Tuna was exceptional. There was someone smoking a table away which was annoying. I suppose we could have asked to be moved but we would have relinquished or spot at the railing.

• Visited January 2014
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing our La Luna Restaurant.

We are thrilled that your dinners were beyond your expectations and we look forward to your return visit when next in the Manuel Antonio area.

Thank you for posting on this TripAdvisor forum.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
“Get the Panko seared Tuna or the Chicken Milanese”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Yummers. I had both of these meals twice because I loved them so much. Make sure to also try the Ceviche!

The view from the restaurant in the best in the region.

• Visited July 2014
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Yum indeed..........Thank you for eating your dinners with us while in Manuel Antonio.

Our chef creates magic every night in his kitchen and the results are truly extraordinary.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on this TripAdvisor forum.
“Great view and amazing service, but the food wasn't as good as advertised”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

They pick you up at the gatehouse of the hotel in a golf cart and whisk you up the hill! Then you take an elevator up even higher and arrive at the restaurant. The view of the ocean from on high is amazing, as was the live band playing up front. Our server was outstanding and I was very excited! Unfortunately, the food let me down. I had the Plantain & Coconut Crusted Mahi-Mahi and my wife had the Chicken Milanese. Neither of us was impressed, having had much better at Z Seafood and Lounge previously (and much cheaper). I nearly got the Costa Rican Fish Papillote (I love mahi-mahi, so I was getting it one way or another) and I wish I had, as the dish I got was too sweet, wish no taste of the fish to be found. My wife and I also added the creamy mashed potatoes, since your expensive entree doesn't come with any sides. La Luna should steal the red-finned sea bass recipe from Z Seafood so their food matches the view and service!

Visited June 2014
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
It appears our recent guests had entrees that did not meet their personal expectations.

I can tell you that both dishes are favorites with our guests and locals alike. And we wish we knew about their displeasure while at the restaurant. We would have been only too happy to change or switch their entrees.
Food in general is very subjective when it comes to taste and presentation. And we understand that.
But please tell us when it is initially an issue giving us the opportunity to correct it to more specific expectations.
Thank you for choosing La Luna and we hope to someday make you happy for having given us another try.
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent service with a view!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Gaia a few years ago, so when we were in Manuel Antonio we had to go back and enjoy La Luna. It was just as good as we remembered. We started with Happy Hour, the tuna sashimi is a must! We enjoyed that with some chicken satay and watched the incredible sunset. We then took our drinks and sat down to dinner while listening to some of their live local music. Our waiter was excellent and brought out our food, just how we ordered it. We took our time and never felt rushed. When we were finished they even called our hotel so we could get picked up. We told a few people at our hotel about LaLuna and everyone that went said they loved it, too.I would highly recommend a visit to La Luna when in Manuel Antonio.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for your visit to our La Luna Restaurant and thank you for your most excellent review of our service, food and ambiance.

We are truly blessed with guests such as yourselves who appreciate great service and great cuisine.

Thank you again for your glowing recommendation and we look forward to seeing you once again when again in the Manuel Antonio area.
Agoura Hills, California
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We did not stay here, but wanted to venture out from our hotel. We chose here and were glad we did. They had a great menu and the food was delicious! Just as pricey as our hotel, but they had an amazing view (we watched a beautiful sunset from our table) and it was nice to try something else. Very good.

Visited June 2014
Thank you for having visited us recently and thank you for your wonderful review of our La Luna Restaurant.

We are thrilled you came in time for sunset as we have the very best in the area with the restaurant being set on top of Gaia Mountain.

And thank you for sharing on this TripAdvisor forum......it means a lot to us.