“Great food, wonderful service, lovely setting”

La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve
Cuisines: Costa Rican, International, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Five Star Hotel Restaurant, La Luna offers a totally relaxed atmosphere, serving mostly Costa Rican gourmet cousine with some international alternatives, in general, with lower prices that other restaurants in the Manuel Antonio - Quepos Area and currently the only Restaurant with a Costa Rican Gourmet Menu. Happy hour offers an array of tapas from 4 to 6 pm offers and a magnificent view of the Ocean, the Mountains with a 360 degree view of the area.
San Francisco, CA
“Great food, wonderful service, lovely setting”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Ate here multiple times, as I was staying at the Gaia. Service is wonderful, very welcoming, and the staff were great sports to cheerfully put up with my lame attempts at Spanish; they all had great English skills, though.

Portions are large at dinner; I ended up ordering appetizers for my meals, which were perfect for me. The yellowfin tuna was spectacular -- super fresh and perfectly prepared. Ceviche was another outstanding dish that one shouldn't miss.

The happy hour with tapas is also a great way to experience La Luna. Great drinks, beautiful views, and well-priced, delicious tapas.

While I was traveling alone, other friends who were staying nearby for a wedding came to La Luna multiple times, and La Luna handled a large party for dinner one night beautifully, even providing transit to/from the restaurant for the guests.

I loved my experience here, was treated like a friend, not just a customer. Truly la pura vida!

• Visited October 2013
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We are thrilled your experience at our La Luna Restaurant was all you expected.

From our atmosphere surrounding our restaurant to the cuisine and service, we have a very unique product which is unmatched in the local area.

We take pride in making sure our guests receive the very best service and their overall experience is one to be remembered for a long time to come.

Thank you for posting on this TripAdvisor forum and sharing your glowing experience for others to read.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Hebrew first
seattle
“Fine Dining in Costa Rica”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had an incredible meal at La Luna. Great service and Great Value for the quality. The food was presented in a beautiful manner and tasted better than it looked. The view is amazing. The hotel has van that will pick you up at your hotel and then take you make after your meal. We stayed in Tulemar and used the van service.

• Visited October 2013
Tommy-Farrell, Owner at La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thanking our recent guests for choosing our La Luna Restaurant for their dining experience.

And thank you for posting the wonderful pictures of our food selection.....from appetizer to main course to our delectable desert.

We only too happy to bring you to and from our location as it is part of our overall service that costs you nothing extra.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on this TripAdvisor forum.
Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
“Great Location, Service and Food!!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

A group of friends/clients and myself wanted to find a good place to watch the sunset after a full and great day of activities and we ended choosing La Luna Bar & Restaurant at Gaia Hotel & Reserve. It was a great decision; this location has the perfect ambiance, great view and the menu is a wonderful combination of local and exotic cuisines, turning the sunset into a delightful experience to the point that we came back for dinner, which by the way was Fantastic!!!! Oh, one more thing Live Music every day!!!
The service is remarkable and friendly. I guess having a meal on top of a hill where this beautiful bar and restaurant is located is always a plus when it comes down to fine dining. The prices are 100% accessible.

• Visited October 2013
We are so thrilled that you chose our La Luna Restaurant for your dining experience while in the Manuel Antonio area.

Our views of the surrounding rainforest coupled with the grand views of the Pacific Ocean make for a perfect setting to watch the sunset......which as you know changes each and every night.

On a perfect night, a green flash has been spotted on the horizon.

Again, wonderful 2x1 cocktails and tapas menu make for a very calming experience after having had a long day experiencing the excitement of tour activities in the surrounding area.

Thank you for sharing your experience on this TripAdvisor forum.
Thak
Mableton, Georgia
“Asked to sign a Release”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was a guest at the Gaia Hotel and Reserve and dined at La Luna on my first night's stay. I ordered a fish dish and when asked by the waiter about my meal, I made a passing comment that the fish was a little dry. To my surprise, when the bill came, they had removed the charge for that dish; something that I did not request nor expect. Imagine my shock when I was later, and after the fact, approached by hotel staff to sign a release that I would not publicize any complaint or write a negative review about my dining experience.

I found this encounter to be very strange and disconcerting.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Denise W
Our recent guests were asked to sign a release NOT for their experience at our La Luna Restaurant but for having caused a commotion at our Gaia Hotel & Reserve.
Fort Dodge, IA
“La Luna - WOW”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

What a great experience, starting with a prompt email response from Thomas, to the fun golf cart ride ascending the hill, to the welcoming greeting we received, to the pleasant introduction from one of the owners: Boris.

What is best is the view, spectacular.

The service: par excellence! The staff very attentive and convivial.
Will gladly return next trip to CR.

• Visited October 2013
We are nothing short of thrilled that your experience was magical and everything you expected from us.

Indeed, the views are spectacular taking in the majestic Pacific Ocean, the lush greenery of the rainforest and the glorious mountain ranges in the background.

And your wonderful comments on our food is humbling.......

Thank you so much for coming to La Luna Restaurant at Gaia Hotel and we do so look forward to seeing you here once again.