“Beautiful location, average food, horrible service”
Review of El Avion

El Avion
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Just ate at this restaurant and the sunset and view was gorgeous. My fish sandwich was very dry and I couldn't get condiments despite asking twice. I also had to ask for the dessert menu twice. The coconut flan was very good. We had to request the check multiple times, and found the gratuity is automatically added to each bill. I guess there is no incentive for the waiter to smile or get it right, and he didn't. When we left we had trouble getting a cab and the restaurant said they couldn't help as the taxi drivers won't answer their phones. We walked to another restaurant and were able to get a cab with no problem.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,963)

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Came here during lunch time and the view is simply amazing! While not on the beach, looking from the mountain onto the ocean was just as nice as sitting in one of those "beach front" restaurants if not better, because those restaurants were much more cramped and sometimes with less than pleasant smells. Not sure if their whole menu is good, but the grilled fish was very good (though the rice was undercooked, which never happens even at a soda...) and the price is fair.

Much better than the Agua Azul up the road, which also offers an amazing ccoean view, in terms of portion, price and taste!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The first time I eat here it was very bad. Everything was bad... The view is great and maybe that is why I gave it a second try.

We arrived around 5 p/m so it was not so busy. WE got a great table on the rail with the perfect view. Once sitting down it took ten minutes to get our drink order (Bad start). Then I ordered the way overpriced steak. When it arrived my 8 oz. steak was at best 4 to 5 oz. It was also way over cooked from the Med. Rare I had ordered. I asked for a steak cooked so it had some pink on the inside and they told me this is as close as they can get.

Once again, this place is the worst food on Manuel Antonio. The management is a joke. It has cars out front for the view. Not the food or service. NEVER AGAIN.

2  Thank segway-rider0134
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Hostess-disinterested. Not welcoming
Service-slow slow slow!
Food-portions large shrimp cocktail-a little mealy, fajitas bland. Hamburgers huge, good enough. Coconut shrimp ok at best. Pina colada - light on rum. Would not return. Very nice view. The plane is cool.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Though we didn't eat there we did go for drinks afterwards. Amazing that they have a plane built right into the restaurant! Great atmosphere and a very friendly staff. A must see.