“A meal to remember”

Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited Mar Luna for dinner during our recent stay in Manuel Antonio. It came highly recommended by a hotel employee. From the outside, the restaurant is not much to look at and doesn't hint at the experience awaiting inside. It was a rustic decor with a good menu. We chose the special of the night- a dinner for two that included a delicious salad, a glass of wine for each of us, and the dinner of two lobsters, giant shrimp and two grilled snappers. It was exceptional! We would most definitely come back for another scrumptious meal.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I ordered the seafood platter for two which included: 2 whole grilled spiny lobsters, 8 nicely seasoned grilled shrimp, 4 large bacon wrapped scallops, some grilled corvina, rice and beans - for $60 it was a good deal. We were originally considering the $90 seafood platter for two, but our server suggested the $60 platter instead as it was a lot of food.

We also ordered Seafood Ceviche which was better than most I've had in CR - it was served with long slices of fried plantains.

View was spectacular, food was better than good, and service was good as well. Will definitely have another meal at Mar Luna during our next visit to Quepos

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great fresh seafood, not many patrons.... almost creepy because it was so empty.

Best Pina Colada my wife ever had. (I had the Imperial Beer, national beer of Costa Rica.

Lovely sunset, open air, very friendly staff

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This place was ok. Not my favorite. But, not a huge disappointment. The waiter would come see us sporadically. Drinks went empty a lot. The ceviche was not great. Our fish was cooked to perfection though. As most things in life, there are pluses and minuses.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a very good dinner at this local, rustic, restaurant. Whilst the decor is relatively basic, the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The staff are friendly and helpful.
The meal was well cooked, fresh and tasty. It was also good value. A very pleasant and enjoyable experience. Recommended.