My husband and I got married at the Villa! We rented out the entire complex and 21 of us stayed at the villa quite comfortably. There was plenty of space and we didn't feel crammed at all. Lorenzo, the villa owner, was so great! He was available before we got there via phone or e-mail. He also was in contact with my wedding planner. We had the ceremony on the garden level, dinner on the main level penthouse and the band/dance on the pool level. I will admit, it was a bit nerve racking planning a wedding out of the country and not having it at a 'resort.' However, we are so glad we went with the villa- much more personal experience and we would do it again in a heartbeat. Take Lorenzo's advice from the get-go... rent the entire complex if you're having a wedding! We didn't want to have any rooms unoccupied (waste of money!), but we also liked the thought of 100% privacy. We ended up having 2 rooms empty, but we are so glad we took his advice and booked the whole place.
Lorenzo was very helpful during the week stay at the villa as well. He arranged anything we wanted to do through his connections & got us good prices. Transportation picked us up right at the villa! You were also able to do your laundry at the villa- the cleaning service does it for you. Lorenzo made it clear that it was for essential items, not for your whole suitcase, but it was very helpful to get some necessities washed!
You will see monkeys! The best place is on floor right above the garden level. The monkeys would come by like clock-work. Early AM, noon-ish and dinnertime.
1. The beach is not a 5 minute walk like the website states. It is closer to 20min downhill.... and guess what that means. Yup. Straight uphill on the way back up. Not an easy trek when it is 100 degrees out.
2. If you are renting out the entire complex (which I highly recommend for a wedding), find a way to bring the $$ to pay for the second 50% BEFORE you get to CR. My husband and I traveled for a week before going to the villa and didn't want to have all that cash on us. The banks wanted to charge large fees for big withdraws. We ended up having to have one of our guests bring cash from the states in order to make payment. Stressful!
3. Note to Lorenzo- when there is such a large party staying at the villa there needs to be more keys! Having only 4 sets of keys (one for each level- penthouse, pool level, 2 lower levels) was the most annoying and frustrating thing about our stay at the villa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Manuel-Antonio is situated in the most multi-million dollar estate (next door to the hotel Mariposa). This breathtaking complex is compromised of 3 A-C condos. Each condo has its own fully equiped kitchen, dining area and a confortable lounge. There are a 7 bedrooms condo with 5 bathrooms on 3 levels and 2 condos of 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Each 2B-R condo occupies one full floor with its own jacuzzi and a huge private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa Manuel Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Manuel Antonio Hotel Quepos
- Villa Manuel Antonio Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park