“Terrific trail ride” 5 of 5 bubbles

Finca Valmy Tours
Houston, Texas
“Terrific trail ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I decided to skip a hike through the park and request a horse back ride instead. I made the right choice. Valentin the owner picked me up at the hotel, drove me to the stables and gave me a thorough narrative of the local history, wildlife and plant life. My guide Che showed me an unforgettable view of the rainforest, then both Victor and Oscar picked and prepared local fruit for me to eat when we returned. The family treatment seemed sincere and made a wonderful experience even more memorable. When I return, I plan to take the overnight ride!

Visited September 2012

California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“horsebackriding in the jungle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My 7 year old son and I loved this experience. What a beautiful location! We rode through jungle where we saw cacao, cinnamon trees, and vanilla growing wild. I saw blue morpho butterflies flitting in the sunlight. We enjoyed cooling off in the pristine water at the waterfall/watering hole.

The horses are gentle and in very good condition. The guide, Che, took good care of my son who was a first time rider. What an amazing first experience on a horse for him!

Visited August 2012
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Such a great ending to a wonderful trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

It was our final full day in Manuel Antonio and after a fast paced week of zip lining and white water rafting we decided to go horseback riding with Finca Valmy Tours. It was exactly what we needed. The general manager, Valentin, matched us up with the perfect horses for each of our personalities and needs. The tour was absolutely stunning! The horses along with two of the stable dogs (they were so cute!) took us through a gorgeous river to a beautiful waterfall. It was so peaceful, beautiful and relaxing. To top the tour off, Valentin took us back to his home for a delicious home cooked lunch. It was such a personal touch which was the perfect end to our trip. We would highly recommend this tour and will do it again on our next trip to this beautiful country!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Unforgettable adventure!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I opted for the overnight horseback tour and it did not disappoint! I was looking for a tranquil getaway and my experience exceeded my expectations. The horses were very well-trained, so calm and easy to ride. It was a very relaxing and gorgeous six hour ride from the farm below up to the cabins at the top of the mountain. The view from the cabins is incredible and it is extremely tranquil. Valentin was an extremely kind, friendly and generous host as well as a great conversationalist. Osvaldo was an incredible guide, chef and companion. Not only did he prepare us sandwiches on the way up to the cabins, but once we arrived he prepared handmade tortillas, empanadas with fresh cheese, and a much desired coffee. Rudy/Chito was at the cabins when we arrived and was extremely accomodating and very funny. Osvaldo built us a campfire and proceeded to prepare a very delicious and authentic dinner of rice, beans, vegetables and pork. It was an extremely enjoyable and relaxing night after a day of horseback riding. The next morning, Osvaldo prepared a great breakfast, I watched the guys milk the cows, and enjoyed chatting with Valentin a bit more. Then Osvaldo and I began our ride back down the mountain. It was a gorgeous day with unbelievable views of the mountains, rivers, ocean, etc. Osvaldo gave me a great tour of the area, plants, flowers and wildlife. He took me to a beautiful waterfall where we could swim. It was so refreshing after a day of riding! Once we arrived back to the farm, we were taken to Valentin's house where we ate a delicious lunch prepared by his wife. It was definitely one of my favorite experiences in Costa Rica, and one I would love to have again. I highly recommend the overnight tour. It was a welcomed getaway and an opportunity to meet and spend time with some really wonderful people. Thank you, Valentin and family, Chito, and especially Osvaldo for an unforgettable weekend!!

Troy, New York, United States
“Horseback Riding with Finca Valmy Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family (husband and 2 adult children) were treated courteously and respectfully. Valentin, Che, and Marvin were extremely accommodating and well prepared. The tour was informative and the swim in the mountain pond with waterfall was delightful! Both Valentin and Che speak English which was also very helpful. The day was well beyond are expectations. Dinner at Valentin's house was a comfortable tica experience and we were treated with a taste of cashew wine. My only advice is to bring extra water and bug spray and plan on tipping the people who accompany you on the horses as well as Valentine. Also, pay in cash rather than credit card to avoid paying the 3% tax. Have fun!