“Excellent tour with Pablo of Manuel Antonio Expeditions”

Manuel Antonio Expeditions
Ranked #18 of 65 Tours in Manuel Antonio
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small company that loves to share nature and teach about our wildlife and natural resources. Our guides are all professional and billingual.We are proud to offer personalize service and work with our clients to make the best of their vacation. Let us know be part of your wonderfull trip to Costa Rica.
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We did two tours with Pablo of Manuel Antonio Expeditions -- tour of Manuel Antonio Park and the evening boat tour of the mangrove forest. Both tours were very interesting and well done. We were able to see many different kinds of animals -- monkeys, sloths, and during the mangrove tour -- the rare silky anteater. You really need a guide during the MA park tour if you actually want to spot any animals (other than the many white face monkeys at the beach) and Pablo did a great job making the tour fun and educational. I really also recommend the evening mangrove tour, particularly if you've been running around doing adventure type stuff -- if is very relaxing, and with a very nice breeze, very comfortable. You will see more animals than you will remember. Pablo is very personable and makes the tour a blast. He is very passionate about Costa Rica and its unique animals and plants. The evening ended with a home-cooked meal at Pablo's house -- the meal was excellent and it also speaks to the friendliness and openness of Costa Rican culture. A very memorable experience.

1  Thank Joseph T

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Our group of eight just returned from a wonderful vacation in Costa Rica. We booked our tour of Manuel Antonio Park via email before we travelled to Costa Rica and Hazel responded very quickly and gave me all of the information that we needed. Since we had rental cars we decided to drive, so we met Juan at a restaurant in Quepos and followed his van to the parking lot outside of the park.

The tour lasted about 3.5 hours which was the perfect amount of time. The hike was not very strenuous, especially since we stopped quite a bit to look at animals. We saw frogs, bats, deer, monkeys and sloths. We would not have seen most of these animals if we had not been with a guide. Juan took great pictures of the animals through his scope with my daughter's iphone. The pictures look like something you would see in a nature book. Juan was a great guide and gave us lots of information about the animals. He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. You can tell that he genuinely enjoys his job!

We stopped at one of the beaches for a snack of juice and fruit towards the end of the tour. We had brought towels and bathing suits since we planned on staying at the beach after our tour. The beach was absolutely beautiful. We finished the tour around noon and everyone was hungry so we decided to leave the beach and have lunch in Quepos instead. We followed Juan out of the park and he walked us back to the parking lot where our cars were.

We are so happy that we made the trip to Manuel Antonio Park. Juan from Manuel Antonio Expeditions led us on a great tour and we will cherish the memories and pictures for years to come.

3  Thank Kristentravelmom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Manuel Antonio national park was fantastic! I decided not to get a guide and it was just fine. My friends decided to get a guide and they told me that he was nasty and finisihed the tour in 45 minutes. I saw a lot of monkeys, iguanas, insects, sloths, without the help of a guide, especially if he was nasty. I had a great time, met a lot of people on the way, and lots of animals. Once I got to the beach area, it was really beautiful. The water was warm and clean. The best part was the white face monkeys all over the trees by the beach. I took lots of pics and was fascinated by the monkeys. I saw how they groomed each other and how fast they went from one tree to another even holding their babies. I had a banana and I was trying to get them to come a little closer. Once they saw the banana they came very close but you are not supposed to feed them. I also saw a green thin snake eating a frog (this was not so good to see but that is nature). Then after a great afternoon, I met my friends and went to dinner at the Marlin. Food was very good. This place was very beautiful and half day is not enough time to see it all. I am planning on a long weekend or maybe a week to stay at this paradise real soon.

1  Thank Elena Damien D
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were lucky enough to have Paul (pablo) as our guide through the national park. He was recommended to us by the owners of our hotel (Jungle Creek). He was spectacular! Paul has a good eye is very knowledgeable and experienced. He picked up up at our hotel right on time and drove us to the park. We got to see monkeys, sloths, bats, lizards, birds and more! Most of these things we never would have seen without him! Afterwards we wanted to go exploring and get some lunch, he took us to Quepos, showed us around, before dropping us off at one of his favorite local restaurants. He was fun and professional. I would recommend Paul and Manuel Antonio expeditions if you are planning on visiting Manuel Antonio National Park!

1  Thank Alise B
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My family of four (2 parents, 2 adult children) went on two different and excellent tours led by this company.

The first was a guided tour of Manuel Antonio National Park. Our guide, Jason, was fantastic. He was friendly, engaging and knowledgable. He pointed out many interesting plants and animals that we would have missed on our own. We saw many different animals: a green baby iguana, many sloths, a blue spider on a golden web, white bees, a giant wasp nest, a red eye tree frog, a deer, capuchin monkeys, howler monkeys, raccoons, and a black striped iguana. We drove ourselves to Manuel Antonio (following the tour van) so after the tour ended, we stayed in the park at the beach for a couple hours more.

The second tour was a guided kayak tour of the Damas Island mangrove area. Our guide for this tour, Bernie, was great too. He taught us a lot about the mangroves and pointed out many birds (egrets, ibises, herons) The highlight of this tour was kayaking down the channel and encountering a troop of capuchin monkeys in the trees above. This tour also included a traditional casado dinner at the end.

I would highly recommend Manuel Antonio Expeditions for informative and engaging tours!