“A Great Experience”

Manuel Antonio Expeditions
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small company that loves to share nature and teach about our wildlife and natural resources. Our guides are all professional and billingual.We are proud to offer personalize service and work with our clients to make the best of their vacation. Let us know be part of your wonderfull trip to Costa Rica.
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed this tour along with another couple, and a great time was had by all. Edgar and Paul picked us up, and before we got into the park we had stopped three times to view wildlife. We saw two different breeds of monkeys (white-faced and squirrel), and a pregnant three-toed sloth before we even stepped foot into the park.

Once we got into the park, Edgar had a phenomenal eye for catching the smallest camouflaged creatures, and he was also very knowledgeable. He picked up some sort of fruit from the ground and told me that the monkeys eat this for energy, and then asked me to take a bite. He also found a spider and picked it up and letting it crawl around his hand and arm. He knew that neither of these were poisonous, and that is why everyone should get a guide like Edgar or Paul if they wish to get the most out of their visit.

Visited August 2012

Porter ranch, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Edgar... We love you!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We just returned from our trip to CR and needed to take a quick moment to say that Manuel Antonio Expeditions is a GREAT tour company!!
We had Edgar take us through Manuel Antonio park and we learned so much!! Thank you Edgar!!
Then, we met one of the owners, Juan, who was our transfer to San Jose. Such a great guy!! Thank you Juan for the great company and conversation. We will be back in February and hope to take more tours through our company!!! Marina Villatoro, ( travel experta) is our travel agent and we had the most amazing 11 days!! I definitely recommend MO expeditions!!

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Edgar and Paul Rock!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I went to the National Park and could not have been happier with our experience. Paul and Edgar picked us up on time from our hotel and they were very funny and knowledgable right off the bat.

When we got outside the park Edgar went to get our tickets while Paul parked the van. Then Paul stood in the long line to get in and saved our place. As he got closer Edgar took his spot, gave us our tickets and in we went. It was brilliant!!

Inside Edgar was an excellent tour guide. He seems to know everything about the country of Costa Rica, the wildlife in the park and he's got amazing set of eyes. He spotted things in the trees and on the ground that I couldn't even see with telescope he provided!

A really cool thing he did was he took a picture with my camera of the wildlife looking through the telescope; so we have amazing pictures! He also respected my wishes that I did NOT want to see a snake and if he saw one not to tell me. I later found out that he told my husband that we walked passed one and he showed it to my husband but I had no clue. Thank goodness because I would have freaked out!!

Overall Edgar was great to be with for a couple of hours he knew a lot of info and was very funny in the process. Thanks for a great experience!

USA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great tour.”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband and I went on a guided tour with Edgar. He was great. It is amazing how he could find small, camoflauged animals from so far away. He knew a ton of information and, while he taught a lot about the animals we saw, I do wish he had volunteered more information about the history of the park and the area. But he was happy to answer questions. We also met Pablo, the other MAE guide, who was exceptionally nice. I would recommend this company for a tour of the park. After going with a rather large group, I would also recommend considering a private tour.

nj
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“manuel antonio national park”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

had a wonderful experience with this outfit. our guide, juan b., was not only extremely knowledgeable, but also very funny and personable. he knew where to look for animals, etc., and did not rush us at all. using a tour guide is definately worth it, especially if its your first visit. you will get amazing close-up pics from their telescopic lens that you wouldn't get otherwise. we also wore our bathing suits and packed a lunch so we could stay at the beach in the park after the tour. there is a beautiful beach at the park that was not crowded at all when we were there. i'd also recommend going in the a.m., as you're more likely to see the monkeys then, its not as hot, and its less likely to rain.