“Nice place for coffee lovers”

El Patio de Cafe Milagro - Manuel Antonio
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Costa Rican, Central American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cafe Milagro began as a small, specialty coffee roaster in 1994 and over the years it has evolved into a local culinary institution. From coffee to cuisine, we offer the best of Costa Rica's fresh local ingredients. In Manuel Antonio, be sure to check out El Patio de Cafe Milagro, our cafe, bar and restaurant featuring the area's most innovative Costa Rican kitchen. With its casual, tropical ambience, great food, local micro brews, ample wine list, fabulous cocktails and their very own fresh roasted coffee, this is bound to become your home away from home in Manuel Antonio. Breakfast, lunch & dinner served daily 7am-10pm. Live music nightly from 7pm-9pm.
Alajuela
“Nice place for coffee lovers”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My and I love the coffee and some people recommended us Cafe Milagro. It was raining, a good excuse to stop after for a coffee. The coffee is excellent they have only Costa Rican coffee and you can try a dark roast, capuccino, spresso or other specialities. Try the banana cake or orange simply good.
The place is simply but nice, warm and the personal are very friendly. The prices are okfor the goos quality.

• Visited October 2011

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
“Absolutely Excellent!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I had breakfast at Cafe Milagro all three full days that we were in the Manuel Antonio area. Our only disappointment is that we wish we had more time on two of the days to spend more time eating breakfast there, but we were on our way to tours so the breakfasts were quick but very good. On the day we had time to eat a full breakfast it was fantastic. Part of what we ordered were the chocolate banana crepes and they have got to be some of the best crepes I have ever had. I am not a coffee drinker, but my wife thoroughly enjoyed their coffee and I enjoyed their fresh-squeezed orange juice. We highly recommend Cafe Milagro for the quality of food and excellent service.

• Visited October 2011
Arlington, Virginia
“Best Iced Coffee - mmmmm!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We kept driving by this colorful coffee shop and already knew the coffee was great because it was stocked in our hotel at Arenas del Mar nearby. We went there for breakfast on our last day in Quepos and i loved my iced coffee so much i had to try two different flavors! A vanilla and a Hazelnut. We ended up taking some home with us too. The food was fresh and very good. great prices too.

• Visited August 2011
Marion, MA
“Eat here!!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This by far the best restaurant we ate at in the Manuel Antonio area. We like fresh, new and interesting cuisine and that is what Cafe Milagro provided. The patio out back is lovely for dinner or breakfast. We ate at the Cafe for both. There were 5 of us and we all loved our food each time we ate here and this is rare! Thanks for a great dinning experience.

• Visited August 2011
Sarasota, Florida
“Great food, but hostess is rude (and treats staff terribly)...”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We had great food on a few days while in Manuel Antonio, but I have to say the owner of the restaurant/coffee shop was very rude/terse and also treated her staff quite badly; she messed an order up that we had made and rather than take accountability herself (it was her fault!) she blamed the staff, which created an awkward situation...

Really did like the place, but would not return purely due to owners attitude to local staff...

• Visited December 2010
, Owner at El Patio de Cafe Milagro - Manuel Antonio, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
I’m truly sorry if you experienced something inappropriate while dining at our restaurant. I have to admit my Italian blood does get the best of me occasionally. And I probably watch too much Gordon Ramsey. But our incredible employee loyalty can attest to what you witnessed was an anomaly. Many staff members have been with us for five years and we’ve had others for as long as ten. And many return after testing the waters at other area restaurants. As anyone who has ever worked in a restaurant can tell you, the stress of long hours sometimes manifests itself in the form of short tempers. I’ll be sure to apologize formally to the entire team at our next staff beach party.