“Awesome”
Review of Planet Dolphin

Planet Dolphin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Planet Dolphin is a family owned and operated company with over 24 years of experience in whale, dolphin and marine life observations . We offer a personalized quality service & are committed to give our customers the very best experience possible. One of our principal goals is to educate our clients on the conservation of our natural resources & protection of marine wild life. Offering to the world sustainable eco tourism services with our continual efforts to achieve a neutral carbon foot print for future generations.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Was on the TomCat yesterday. Both of us enjoyed to the full. Timing was perfect and they served dinner exactly with sunset. I loved the fish kebabas. Made it a must that we see solphins and in fact after sometime idle, these lovely ceatures gave us a small show! Bar was fine however would have made more sense that the beer was included in the price. They know people love beer so they imposed a $2 charge on it. On board we had 2 people with limited mobility and as a nurse I really admired the priority and help given to them by the crew. RECOMMENDED

1  Thank bendermalta
There are newer reviews for Planet Dolphin

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We took in the sunset snorkelling cruise. The cruise started headed out from the marina towards Manuel Antonio park. It was nice to see the coast line. Closer to the park we spotted some dolphins.

The captain then took us into a cove to do some snorkelling around an underwater volcanic formation. The water was super warm! The snorkelling is very different than the Mayan Riveria and we knew this going in. I was actually surprised at how many fish we did see! Not only did we see fish, we also saw a small octopus (something I have never seen in all of my snorkelling trips in the Mayan).

The boat also has a great waterside off the back that you can go down when you are done your snorkelling.

Dinner was pasta salad and fish kabobs. I am not a fish eater so it would of been nice had there been another option however I did try the fish and have to admit, it was good. I managed to eat a whole kabob which is not something I would normally do. My husband had 6 so if you are a fish eater, he would say it was excellent!

I thought this was reasonably priced for the activity and would recommend it.

1  Thank Cheryl K
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Snorkelling was unimpressive. Saw few fish. Mixed drinks were seriously watered down and they charged extra if you wanted beer. Food was good but they only offered fish so most of the kids in our party went hungry. Didn't play music to get a festive atmosphere going (which they have done on all of the other boating excursions I have been on) until we asked and then it was at a low level that nobody could hear. And 2 of 4 bathrooms were out of order.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I took the afternoon sunset cruise tour with a group of friends (5 girls and 2 guys) and we had an AMAZING time.

You're out on the water for about 3 hours. You start by sailing and trying to find dolphins and whales. We were able to see quite a few dolphins on our trip! After that, the catamaran anchors and you are able to go snorkeling and swimming around the boat for about 45 minutes. In addition, you're allowed to jump off the roof of the boat and use the slide. Then, they provide you dinner. We had wahoo skewers, pasta salad, and fresh fruit. Everything was DELICIOUS. Finally, we were able to see an absolutely GORGEOUS sunset.

Oh, and how could I forget the open bar!? It was all you can drink liquor and various juices (pineapple, hibiscus, and passion fruit). Beer was an additional charge.

Needless to say, I would HIGHLY recommend this trip. I've been on sunset cruises in other places where all they offer you is the open bar. The price of this trip also includes food and the opportunity to get off the boat and go swimming.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We took the afternoon tour and simply put, had a marvelous afternoon. Unlimited drinks, a very tasty dinner, and an afternoon of snorkeling and sailing. We happened to be on boat with a 30+ wedding party. Everyone was friendly. We even saw a few dolphins. The catamaran was very comfortable. If you just want a relaxing afternoon on the water, Planet Dolphin is the way to go.