“...Aarrrhhh...matey...”

Barba Roja Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Costa Rican
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A Manuel Antonio tradition since 1975, Barba Roja Restaurante is the local hangout, as well as the best sunset view in the area. Open for lunch and dinner, 7 days a week. Please join us for Happy Hour every day from 4-6. Every Tuesday and Friday we have live music, Wednesday is ladies night and karaoke. Enjoy our 5 big screens every day with your favorite sports programming. We offer a variety of cuisines from around the world at good prices.
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Thar be pirates...
And sushi...a lovely restaurant and one of my favourite in Manuel Antonio. It has a nice casual atmosphere...with great food...I had the best chicken wings and an amazing plantain dish... The main attraction...the sunsets...gorgeous...but I would go to
Barbara Roja on a cloudy day. The service is great and I listened to some fantastic music there...that place is good times...good times...
Curse ye...all that enter....surely does not apply to Barbara Roja. There's a nice gift shop too...you can get some good booty...matey....aaarghhh

1  Thank Alinor777

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We recently visited Costa Rica at the end of October and went deep sea fishing on the Pacific side "Captain John" of Quepos Fishing Adventures. We had a terrific day on the boat and managed to catch a beautiful 45 lb Dorado (Mahi Mahi). We wanted to eat our catch for dinner and Captain John recommended we take it to Barba Rosa, a restaurant about halfway between Quepos and Manuel Antonio. We headed over to Barba Rosa and were absolutely blown away by the breathtaking views from every seat in the dining area. We watched the sun go down while drinking Pina Coladas as head chef/owner Darren Remy prepared and delivered one of the most enjoyable and memorable meals of our lives. Mahi Mahi Ceviche and fish fingers as an appetizer and blackened, Caribbean spiced and grilled Mahi Mahi as an entree. Each course more delectable than the last. The staff was very friendly and attentive and I do not hesitate in recommending Barba Rosa to anyone who visits Manuel Antonio...with or without your own fish. Truly one of the best dining experiences of my life. Muchas gracias Chef Remy to you and your staff!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

good food!!! . i like the coconut margaritas. those were just amazing. good music and the waiters were excellent! the price of the food was about right. no too expensive or too cheap. quality was good and overall I had a great time !

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Went to Barba Roja two nights in a row. Have been living in Costa Rica for a few years and they had the best country ribs. The second night for my birthday i went back and had the best bone-in pork lion since I moved here. Barba Roja is a place I will continue to visit everytime I am in Manuel Antonio. Great atmosphere, great staff, great food!!!!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went in for a cold beer after a day at the beach and came back two other times before we left Manuel Antonio. The food is excellent, very fresh. The ceviche served with crispy patacones, was one of the best I've ever had. The best, however, was the service provided by Elliot, our server. He made us feel as if we were old friends and always welcomed us with a smile. By the way, the Margaritas were also awesome. A definite must. Don't forget to ask for Elliot when you go.